Upvote 0

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
so tell me about your snorkeling technique. Do you use a weight belt? Do you fan or use a scoop? Do you hit a target and then dive and recover, or do you swim with like a short shaft and detect with your face under water? Very interesting, thats a good load for 2:45m

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can open a used tackle shop with that haul.:skullflag:

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
With that kind of luck you should try a swimming area, not a fishing pier!
Unless, of course, you are giving up detecting for fishing.
I barter lead with a jeweler for repair work...I tell everyone he is an alchemist and turns my lead into gold...

OP
OP
cooper36

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so tell me about your snorkeling technique. Do you use a weight belt? Do you fan or use a scoop? Do you hit a target and then dive and recover, or do you swim with like a short shaft and detect with your face under water? Very interesting, thats a good load for 2:45m

I use a dive mask and snorkel no weight belt waves are pretty ruff and knock you around. I dive under the piers looking along the poles and bottom using a pocket knife that has a hole through the handle then tired to my wrist using paracord to cut the fishing lines.
Almost all the coins where found on the piers between the cracks of the boards. I used a pair of needle nose pliers (found it last year in one of the cracks) to get them out. I have a cheap detector and had to stay on the dry sand as I was getting mixed signals.The best pier was at a state park in Fla. the water was at about 9 to 10 ft at the end of the pier at high tide.All of the lures came from here as well as the fishing pole.
Next time I will use a kayak to get the ones I missed this time. There are about 6 I couldn't get from being in the water.They are at the St Andrews pier but you can get them from a kayak. ( I am on vac and am leaving today for home as why I am telling you this)
I asked the fishermen if they lost a pole( it hadnt been in the water long hardly no rust)they said they hadn't lost one but the rules were swimmers stay 100 ft from the pier.It isn't posted and I think he was just saying that so I wouldn't go back in the water as he was fishing.But then he said something about a 15 ft hammerhead shark coming by every other day.I didn't see it but did see a sea turtle.Next time I will use a kayak.Good luck Happy Hunting.
Cooper

Last edited:
OP
OP
cooper36

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my last hunt from a nearby trout stream. About 1 hr or so looking along the banks and in the river. This year has been a pretty bad year only have found about 50 lures from my favorite spot with 3 trips. About 4 years ago you would find that in 2 trips.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    746.1 KB · Views: 161

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ever see any sharks while snorkeling around the pier? I'd think with the blood and bait smell in the water there, along with the vibrations of caught fish being reeled in they'd be all around. Has to be some close calls of getting hooked by someone's line also...no?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
cooper36

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever see any sharks while snorkeling around the pier? I'd think with the blood and bait smell in the water there, along with the vibrations of caught fish being reeled in they'd be all around. Has to be some close calls of getting hooked by someone's line also...no?

No sharks and no close calls with fishing lines. Went all under the piers and didnt go past the last poles. I did see a sea turtle no sharks and alot of fish,
good luck happy hunting,
cooper

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If I find a blow fish I'll cross breed it with your mermaid! Then it will be everyone's fantasy!

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
sponge is right...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012