Pig Iron and Pottery

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, if this forum is for today's finds only, and not, say, the best of the week or the month - then it's not going to be all golden glory with silver linings. Today I discovered another homestead site in an area which dates back to the late 1600's. Takes me nearly an hour to trudge into these forests by foot, but at least it keeps all but the diehards away. The problem is this culture did not have much or lose much. Usually I'm good running in coin and relic mode as our soils historically have been poor in this area due to glaciation. Four to six inches usually gets me back into the 1700's plus. Today I was cruising slowly in deep silver mode and I was picking up iron objects in the 10 - 12" range. The soil was some of the best I have seen around those parts and it's possible that tilling caused some stuff to be buried deeper than usual. It old growth forest now. I will go back soon tres22.jpg and pick away some more. The Barber is a recent find in the woods for scale purposes.

Upvote 5
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice relics, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread