Pima (county) Air And Space Museum

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday, PeteyGirl and I went to the Pima Air And Space Museum.
Not being a Flyboy, most of the "thingys that hang in the sky" meant nothing to me.
But I DID find one that saved my ass more than once.
Marine3.jpg Marine4.jpg

The Army had the really NEAT "add-ons". Us Marines usually just put a "60" in the door.
I took this Pylon Racer pic simply because of the fuselage decal.
Marine5.jpg

Same here.
Marine.jpg Marine2.jpg

Acres and acres of props, scooters and choppers. A MUST SEE for those into aircraft.
The NASA building shows a pic of a shuttle. It is labeled the Columbia but IT IS NOT!
I know because this pic does not have the "bulb" on the tail fin.
The Columbia was the only shuttle that had a bulbous tail fin.
Incidentally, I was working that day our radios said, "We lost radio contact". Did not take enough pics. ╦╦Ç

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped in for a visit some time ago. Awesome place. I was in awe looking over the SR71and better than that I was in the back yard of a shop I worked at in Rancho Cordova, CA and I heard a powerful jet plane coming my way, that I was sure was gonna be a military plane. It was an SR71 that went overhead. I think at that time it was one of two left in operation for scientific use. All the other fellas came running out of the building to see what was shaking the ground, but they missed seeing it. I told them it was the SR71 and they were bummed they missed seeing it.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stopped in for a visit some time ago. Awesome place. I was in awe looking over the SR71and better than that I was in the back yard of a shop I worked at in Rancho Cordova, CA and I heard a powerful jet plane coming my way, that I was sure was gonna be a military plane. It was an SR71 that went overhead. I think at that time it was one of two left in operation for scientific use. All the other fellas came running out of the building to see what was shaking the ground, but they missed seeing it. I told them it was the SR71 and they were bummed they missed seeing it.

Went to the Air and Space museum in Seattle in 2006, here's a shot of my wife and daughter under the SR71. Awesome plane! DSC01075.JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great photos...Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a fun, educational day you two had.
I embarrassed the hell out of myself! I struck out 6 times on planes and jets I thought I knew. It wasn't until the "Huey" that I got one right. The F4 Phantom then made 2 out of 8! It WAS fun, though. I will go again! ╦╦Ç

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic shots T! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread