Pinky Swears

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_scratch: As far as I know, my kids didn't do pinky swear, my friends and I did when we were kids! Red :hello:

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
spartacus53 said:
How many people remember the old "pinky swears"? I remember when young, the pinky swear was more credible than swearing on a stack of bibles :tongue3: You made a pinky swear you had best lived up to your end of the deal.

I wonder if kids still use it today? :dontknow:

If so, it'll probably be misinterpreted as a gang sign by paranoid control freaks at school. :D (And I once knew a girl named Pinky. She could swear real good. :wink: )

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zephyr, you do make a good point there regarding the school control freaks :laughing7:

It would be my only guess that those people grew up like a piece of veal :tongue3: :laughing9:

What is funny is that a pinky swear was the most honorable pact one could make. I would have to say after that, a firm handshake was the closing of a deal when we became adults.... Unfortunately today, the handshake is meaningless and does not have the same value as years ago. :dontknow:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they still do it. my kiddo is in first grade and she was telling me a story and said she pinky sweared and it was a done deal.
you are crap if you break a pinky swear.

me, never did it in my life.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FarmerChick, why not, had a problem keeping your word :dontknow: :tongue3: :laughing7:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAha

no it wasn't done in my area. heck I never heard of pinky swear. must be regional for all I know.

we just grew up knowing your friends word was it---but we did have that time of 'blood oath' and pulled out the knives. cool and scary at the same time :laughing9:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many people remember the old "pinky swears"?

I only remember those of a different finger. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread