pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best in my opinion.. It's all personal preferance but Garrett pin pointers are excellent in my opinion..

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've owned 5 before I bought the Garrett. The Garrett easily beats the others.

OP
OP
Robinhood

Robinhood

Greenie
Aug 22, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the help. How would you compare the Garrett up against the Minelab pro-find 25 pinpointer (If anyone has experience with that one)

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My good hunting buddy Rob, sold his Mine Lab unit, and bought a Garrett. Does that tell you anything?

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the help. How would you compare the Garrett up against the Minelab pro-find 25 pinpointer (If anyone has experience with that one)
They are both good pointers! I bought the Pro Pointer and my friend has the Pro Find and they have never failed! Now whether or not the Pro Find is worth the extra cash is another question! Good luck!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garret will not disappoint you.

OP
OP
Robinhood

Robinhood

Greenie
Aug 22, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I truly appreciate the expertise here. I just placed my order for the Garrett! Thanks for the direction.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Uniprobe over all of them......

gtfm2345

Nov 15, 2012
c ny
Detector(s) used
TEK OMEGA TEK ALPHA DET PRO WADER NEL COIL 4"dd
10" ELPTCL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought my first pro-pointer this year like a dream come true, However make sure you buy from authorized dealer!!!!!
mine broke after first 6 mo in field and Garrett service is exceptional onld if it is registered and purchased from authorized dealer

OP
OP
Robinhood

Robinhood

Greenie
Aug 22, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought my first pro-pointer this year like a dream come true, However make sure you buy from authorized dealer!!!!!
mine broke after first 6 mo in field and Garrett service is exceptional onld if it is registered and purchased from authorized dealer

That's exactly what I did - ordered from Garrett!

chip12977

Jun 7, 2012
Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What no one uses a sunray? I personally hate to carry a pin pointer, digging tool, and a detector, that why I got one. Works really good to.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im using both at the moment and its very hard to choose when i go out the garret seems like its built a little more rugged the vibrating part is better both do it but garrets is stonger very well and good pinpointer and it will handle a beaten no problem
the minelab the led light is brighter, u can turn off the beep and just use vibrate if u want, i have found out it it does go about a half inch deeper then the garret but then again it is about 40 bux more u will come into times when u can use a coin to tone the garret down or intensify it the minelab has the buttons for that little easier. this is all just my opinion but they are both really nice pinpointers and u cant go wrong with either. i also have a sunray that is fixed to the detector those are very nice aswell

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get the Garrett...Just remember to change the batteries often..I used to think mine was effing up all the time...then i put a new battery in and Bam!...like New again

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want to get a garrett but I currently have a $30 bounty huntet pinpointer and I can't complain. If it helps you recover targets faster that's all you need.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What no one uses a sunray? I personally hate to carry a pin pointer, digging tool, and a detector, that why I got one. Works really good to.
There are two problems with the SunRay. First, it's only good for that one detector or one exactly like it. Two, it adds weight to the detector. Otherwise, it a very good pin pointer that can use the features of your main detector. With the Uniprobe, you don't have to carry it as a separate unit because it's built into the headphones you're wearing. You can also use it with just about any detector. It won't go underwater however but the VibraProbe will if you need that feature.

OP
OP
Robinhood

Robinhood

Greenie
Aug 22, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the Garrett water submersible?

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nope the garret is not water proof but you can make it water proof.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread