Robinhood

Greenie
Aug 22, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find many guides using google or youtube. But from what I remember people use goop or a silicon type of substance.

I'll be checking this out. Thanks

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many years ago, I tried several pinpointers, last was a Tinytec. It was pretty sturdy, long probe that wore well, when you stabbed it down and got close to target, you could fell the vibration and hear it. A friend got the Minelab last year for his B-day; I tried it. The vibration to me was weak, but Minelab, I bought one. When I got it, same issue ( but gave Tinytec away - bummer!). I tried a Garrett awhile back (not a side by side comparision) but! I could feel the vibration and even hear it. Getting old, hearing sucks but feeling in hand still ok. I'm buying a Garrett and using Minelab when Garrett has to go back in ;-)
sHEP

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago, I tried several pinpointers, last was a Tinytec. It was pretty sturdy, long probe that wore well, when you stabbed it down and got close to target, you could fell the vibration and hear it. A friend got the Minelab last year for his B-day; I tried it. The vibration to me was weak, but Minelab, I bought one. When I got it, same issue ( but gave Tinytec away - bummer!). I tried a Garrett awhile back (not a side by side comparision) but! I could feel the vibration and even hear it. Getting old, hearing sucks but feeling in hand still ok. I'm buying a Garrett and using Minelab when Garrett has to go back in ;-)
sHEP

Yup pretty much what im doin with the garret & minelabe & when my v3i I.comes out I got 2,automaticly sunray is on the v3i good luck everyone

chip12977

Jun 7, 2012
Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are two problems with the SunRay. First, it's only good for that one detector or one exactly like it. Two, it adds weight to the detector. Otherwise, it a very good pin pointer that can use the features of your main detector. With the Uniprobe, you don't have to carry it as a separate unit because it's built into the headphones you're wearing. You can also use it with just about any detector. It won't go underwater however but the VibraProbe will if you need that feature.

OK, I agree with you to a certain point, I have a v3i and used to own a DFX both used the same sunray, as far as adding weight, can't argue with you on that one cause I did attach it to the detector, but its so minuscule that you don't notice it

gtfm2345

Nov 15, 2012
c ny
Detector(s) used
TEK OMEGA TEK ALPHA DET PRO WADER NEL COIL 4"dd
10" ELPTCL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put mine in 1 gallon ziplok bag... the propointer is powerful enough were if you get close to object it is vibrating without having to scrap the bag causing a leak

OP
OP
Robinhood

Robinhood

Greenie
Aug 22, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put mine in 1 gallon ziplok bag... the propointer is powerful enough were if you get close to object it is vibrating without having to scrap the bag causing a leak

Good idea!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread