baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harbor freight pinpointers break easily. I went through two fairly quickly before I bought a Garrett. The only thing that would make the Pro Pointer perfect would be if it was waterproof instead of just water resistant. Don't submerge them. You will love the Pro Pointer, I guarantee it!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett Pro Pointer is hands down the best pin pointer on the market. Be well worth your time and $ to save to get a quality product the first time. Look and see if you can find and used pro pointers for sale. Not very often. That should tell you something.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of the cheaper pinpointers are inconsistent in their performance because they are cheaply made. Sometimes you come across a good one that holds up for awhile, but mostly they just suddenly stop working.

The Garrett was built specifically for metal detectorists and last longer and detect deeper than most of the others I have used.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i will say that that i always said get a garrett pro Pointer......... I have one........BUT i was out with a freind yesterday and he had the ..Detector Pro pistol probe ........... And that Pistol probe to me will help out in pin pointing a lot better than the garrett Pro pointer........... So after useing the Pistol Probe & Pro pointer yesterday .... I hate to say this but the pro pointer will stay at home .... I will only use the Detectorpro Pistol probe now.................... SO MY VOTE NOW IS THE PISTOL PROBE.....................

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Keppy said:
Well i will say that that i always said get a garrett pro Pointer......... I have one........BUT i was out with a freind yesterday and he had the ..Detector Pro pistol probe ........... And that Pistol probe to me will help out in pin pointing a lot better than the garrett Pro pointer........... So after useing the Pistol Probe & Pro pointer yesterday .... I hate to say this but the pro pointer will stay at home .... I will only use the Detectorpro Pistol probe now.................... SO MY VOTE NOW IS THE PISTOL PROBE.....................

I was set on a pistol probe also but when I saw how cheaply made it was I couldn't bring myself to buy it. Bought the Garret and haven't regretted it at all, fantastic unit.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not being a stickler, but the way your question is worded, the only three answers should be "Yes", "No", and "Don't know".

You also left out the White's Bullseye II.

I've got a Bullseye and don't plan to get rid of it right now.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett ProPointer is a great unit. :icon_thumleft:
For the money I am not going to
cheap out and save $20-$40 getting something less expensive.
It is durable and will find your coins and if I am not mistaken has a 2year warranty.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett is no doubt about the best on the market. I use a Harbor freight because of my slim budget. It is better than you would think for the cost. Monty

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my sunray. :icon_thumright:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I bought the Propointer I bought three others - a Bullseye, an Automax and a Centec. They were all pretty useless because they needed to be practically touching the target before they'd sound. So I thought I'd try the Garrett. bought it though in the middle of winter so no detecting but I was dying to try it on something other than an air test. So I thought I'd see how well it could do finding the nails in my wall studs through my thick plaster walls. The Propointer located the stud immediately, so I thought I'd do a little test and try the other three. Not one of the other three sounded, even after I marked where The Propointer had found the nail and ran them directly over the spot. No doubt the Propointer is a better pinpointed than the other three.

I used it all last summer and it not only makes recovering targets faster, but also helped me locate deeper targets that I might have abandoned without it. Don't waste your money on the others.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
baylorhall said:
Harbor freight pinpointers break easily. I went through two fairly quickly before I bought a Garrett. The only thing that would make the Pro Pointer perfect would be if it was waterproof instead of just water resistant. Don't submerge them. You will love the Pro Pointer, I guarantee it!

Check out the Short video On this Post!!!

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,433999.msg3106470.html#msg3106470

Chug Responce # 50

When you want the Best Bang for Your Hard Earned Bucks!!!

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah.... the Pro Pointer while not rated for submersion will do it in shallow water. I've dropped mine in 2 foot of water before.

The manual states you can wash it under running water. It also states it has a proofing rating of IP 66. If you google that you find that the first # states it is dust tight. No dust intrusion. The second # states it can be subjected to at least 3 minutes of high pressure water jets delivering 100 liters per minute.

Engineers and legal always back off when it comes to what things really can do.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I can see some of you guys have a problem or two. Your pappy never tought you to take care of your equippment or the value of a buck. If the shoe fits, wear it. My HF is over a year old, cost $16, found every target I used it on in seconds. Your not getting any more than that out of your Pro and you are paying a heck of a price to do the same. Frank

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
I can see some of you guys have a problem or two. Your pappy never tought you to take care of your equippment or the value of a buck. If the shoe fits, wear it. My HF is over a year old, cost $16, found every target I used it on in seconds. Your not getting any more than that out of your Pro and you are paying a heck of a price to do the same. Frank

Talk about beating a dead horse! LOL When it comes down to it, do I want a propointer that will hold up and do the job it was made to, or do I want to keep buying propointers that are cheap and not built to last! Yes the HF is cheap, yes it will find your target....eventually, as long as you are on top of it. Does it let you know how close to your target you are? Can you find items on the side of the hole, within a few seconds, Chug has had his now for over a year, it's been dropped, stepped on, and everything imaginable, and it keeps going! ;D We use it to sweep an area sometimes, as it is meant to be used as it has a tough blade! Can you do that with an HF? If your working in a hole and get stuck, can you pull out the HF in one piece, probably a couple of times before it breaks. I for one will stay with the Garrett, you can't get any better than that!!!! Oh and this stunning ring was found by Chug and I this past summer, it was about a foot down in wet sand, on the side of the hole! 18 karat gold with emeralds, saphires, rubies and diamonds, it has been appraised at $3500!!!!! :hello2: Red

Attachments

• Red\'s first gold!!! 18 carat too! 004.JPG
    Red\'s first gold!!! 18 carat too! 004.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 537
  • Red\'s first gold!!! 18 carat too! 004.JPG
    Red\'s first gold!!! 18 carat too! 004.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 529

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Red, I think you are having a hard time understanding my posts. They are in plane English! I said I have been using the HF for over a year and have found every target in seconds . Now I must admitt that I take care of my equippment. I don't drop it or step on it or put it in water like some do. As for beech finds, I use a scoop and don't need a pinpointer there. As for rings found this year, this one has about the same value. It is a 3ct blood red ruby in a heavy 18 kt gold mount found in a 200 year old yard. Frank

Attachments

• ruby gold ring 700.jpg
    ruby gold ring 700.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 665
  • ruby gold ring 700.jpg
    ruby gold ring 700.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 661

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell you what Frank, lets agree to disagree, you like your pinpointer for your reasons, and that's great, and we like ours, for obvious reasons. Keep using your pinpointer, we are so glad it works for you, and we will use ours, BTW, great ring! :wink: Have a great day and keep posting your finds! :laughing7: :hello: Oh and I do understand, and you won't change my mind! :hello: Red

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Actually REDS, I like a lot of pinpointers, but in essance, they do the same simple task. That is find a small target in a small hole. The thing is that working in electronics for many years I know how grossly overpriced some products are. I dought if there is more than $10 difference in the manufactering cost of the two pinpointers. So we will disagree. I guess you went for "change" too.
Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions