Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which has better depth penetration? I'd assume it's the security wand with its larger coil though perhaps not. Any thoughts from the crowd on this matter?
From some very cursory research, they appear pretty close. Made (often) by the same folks/companies, similar price points, and from what I can discern, similar ranges. Some security wands claim to go further in detecting electronics as well as metal (yeah, I know electronics contain metals), but IDK.

One significant difference (IMO) is that the security wands don't appear to be designed/built to rout around in substrate.

OP
OP
Midden-marauder

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
From some very cursory research, they appear pretty close. Made (often) by the same folks/companies, similar price points, and from what I can discern, similar ranges. Some security wands claim to go further in detecting electronics as well as metal (yeah, I know electronics contain metals), but IDK.

One significant difference (IMO) is that the security wands don't appear to be designed/built to rout around in substrate.
Yeah, in terms of ergonomics they'd not be the best, I'd read conflicting info on depth and was just kinda curious if anyone had an opinion. Still searching for smaller but more sensitive. I'm building a small handle for my 9 1/2" coil so it can be packed in easily and used with control box in a bag, it resolves some of the issues I have with space. I'm a pack mule man lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread