Pinpointers??

Cass

Feb 16, 2005
Anyone have any Pinpointer reccomendations for which Pinpointer, other than Tesoro Treasuremate, that is best used with Tesoro machines? It is proving difficult to find info about those pinpointers that are known to ineterfere with some detectors, and others that don't. Lots of folks having to try first one pinpointer , then another, in order to finally get one that works with their particular machine/machines. DUH?? Every time I think I may have decided on one, I will read where it doesn't agree with the users detector. I suppose I am expecting to much info about something I am shelling out my $$ for but some folks are like that. I am begining to wonder if I really would be better off doing without one, since I did learn long time ago there are always new do dads I don't really need. I am old school, but not adverse to change , when it is worthwhile, but I see lots of money being spent for things not necessarily needed, and this old dog has been bit enough to know to back off when times call for it. I know the lack of info is not always unintentional, as it does sell more of whatever is being sold. That is the way it goes.Just sharing my thoughts a bit. Thanks' Yall, and HH,Cass

OP
OP
C

Cass

Feb 16, 2005
Thanks Chukers, Oh yeah, I have been there already and also a bunch of other places checking them out. I had pretty much decided on a Garrett , but wanted to learn a little more about what to expect from the thing, and wasn't sure just exactly what I wanted from it either. I have a digging Buddy that loves his New Garrett ProPointer but it has been to hot for us to gather up for a hunt so I could try it. I guess by now I have it figured out that the Garrett is pretty compatable with just about any of my machines, mostly Tesoros, but several other different ones I only use now and then. Lol, I suppose I shouldn't be so hard to please since anyone that has amassed as many detectors as I have over the years, doesn't have a lot of squawk comming if he isn't happy with his first pinpointer. I have felt better about myself since learning years ago not to be so quick to jump on things (impulse buying) even though it causes me to appear a bit of a grump sometimes. Lol, which I guess I am, but old farts are intitled to their moments. Thanks again , and I will getter done fore to long and be digging fast as furious and with a new pointer.Ain't in no hurry now though cause fall is a ways off and now it is to dang hot. HH, Cass

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I 've tried a few - by a mile the Garrett Pro pointer ia the best. About $125 but well worth it.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just bought a garrett pro pointer for the money you can't beat it! i've used my buddys a number of times and i'm convinced!

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer[size=10pt] by a mile[/size], Not all of us are good at pinpointing with our detectors, it takes time to learn that skill. The Garret pinpointer has made the hobby so much more enjoyable, get one you will not be sorry! :icon_thumleft:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh heck, I'll join the chorus: GARRETT!!!

It's not cheap, but I love it and never leave home without it. :icon_thumleft:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree, I believe the DetectorPro Uniprobe far excedes the Garrett.... I can pinpoint 4 to 6 inches deep with mine....Depth is adjustible, multiple frequencies to choose from, works on all my different detectors......

http://www.detectorpro.com/uniprobe.htm

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cass,

No matter whether you decide on a top-of-the-line pinpointer like the DetectorPro Uniprobe , Garrett ProPointer, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 580, Tesoro Treasure Mate, or go for the cheapest, the HF CEN-TECH #97245, at around $15.00, you can double the sensitivity/range by trying a simple Mod as shown and described here > Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear board > Metal Detector Accessories forum > Pro Pointer Mod Really Works - with photos topic on page #1, by joecatch on 6-12-2011.

I'm not sure if the Mod will work on the DetectorPro Uniprobe, but since it goes so deep in normal operation, I don't think you would need the Mod on this pinpointer anyhow.

If not a member at FMD, you can skip the Login and just browse the forums, or better yet become a member ! Either way, while looking over the above mentioned topic-thread, be sure to see what I deem to be the easiest and simplest Mod idea presented, on page #4, DIGGER27's reply #40.

Hope this helps ! :wink:

ToddB64

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread