Pinpointers

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
I have a Bullseye right now it works good but at 1" to 1 1/2"

I was thinking of getting a Uniprobe or a Sunray

The Uniprobe they say can go 5" to 6" two types one is part of the headphones the other is hand held

The sunray gets up to 3" but can only be used for the detector you bought it for, also works off your headphones

Any input on one or both or any other pinpointer would be great.

TIA
HH
Joe
Yes cost is a factor to but lets not get into that.

Upvote 0

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Never used a uniprobe but I have Sun Rays on both my EX-2's and I think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread

C

cadawg

Yep! Sunray, don't leave home without it. Maybe you can borrow one from someone at a local club.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i have heard nice things about the sunray probes and i was toying with the idea of getting one myself. its just that i am concerned about adding more weight to my already heavy explorer. im also not real keen on how they mount to an explorer with the exposed cord and all, but i hear they work great.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I've been looking at the uniprobe,w/o hdphones.I also was looking at the falcon MD20.The falcon has to be reset and adjusted each time you turn it on to use it because the off/on sw is the sens.So that is out.The uniprobe really looks good and can be used with any detector and can be hip mounted.All I know about the sunray is just as you say one single detector.I know it is less money than the uniprobe but not if you buy one for each of your detectors.I believe the warranties are different also.

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
I have a DX-1 on my DFX and absolutely love it. I have a question. Why would you want a pinpointer that goes 5-6 inches? Seems it would be hard to use. Just my two cents :) HH dave.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
detectordave said:
I have a DX-1 on my DFX and absolutely love it. I have a question. Why would you want a pinpointer that goes 5-6 inches? Seems it would be hard to use. Just my two cents :) HH dave.

That was my thought, too. When mine beeps (a Merlin) I know I'm within 1-1/2" or so and it's time to dig carefully.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6"....what do you need a detector for with that depth...I also use the bullseye and it does great for me...when it goes off I know right where it is.

Shortround

Feb 28, 2007
Castlewood, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Sovereign GT Sunray S1 Probe
I just recently purchased a Sunray probe and I can honestly say I do not know how I survived without it. My plug sizes dropped by half and I have recovered every target I have dug so far.

I have not used any other probes and decided on Sunray through my own research, so I really have no opinions on the other brands you mention.

B

BIG61AL

nevered used one like that before
Use a bullseye and if i set it too high it will detect the coin from the other side of the hole. Would never metal detect with out one unless i am on a beach.

OP
OP
NorCal 6er

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
Thanks everyone for the replys
it seems like more are for the SunRay
I had ordered the Uniprobe Friday morning and got it today talk about fast service.
I took it out for a test run this thing is neat, found only mem pennies
pinpointed with my coil says 1" used the probe before I dig reads it no problem, next one says 4 1/2" check agan I would have been off on my hole about 1 1/2" got dead on with this probe found a coke can it was about 5 or 6" down my XLT says 00" checked it with the probe could tell it was big had to dig just to see yep bud can.

I think this thing is going to be alright, will give more info after I use it more.

HH
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions