PIPSICO...HUNT STILL ON.....28-31 March 2008 - LET THE HUNT BEGIN!!!!

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I PM'd the following personnel and the responses received:

Definite Yes for all 4 days: (Ten)
RonandAnn (YES) (4)
DCMatt (and a possible guest) (YES) (1)
StogieJim (YES) (1)
Rowdy (YES) (1)
EX2user (YES) (2)
vhskip (YES) (1)

Definite Yes for 3 days (Fri, Sat, Sun): (One)
Kiros32 (YES) (1)

Weekend Only, No Camping (Sat, Sun): (Two)
Gary60 (1)
SamN (1)

Not sure if 4 days or just a couple: (Six)
cryptodave (YES, if not out of town, plus spouse) (2)
TheSleeper (YES, if not out of town) (1)
Stacylee926 (Saturday, plus son) (2)
deedeelou (POSSIBLE whole weekend, if not, maybe a day or two) (1)

No Responses as of yet: (Four)
sqzdog
{Sentinel}
Ronin
SandpitNC

Can't make it :'( (One)
newbob (Will be out of town :-[ :'()

*******ROOM FOR MORE******* :icon_pirat: :D :thumbsup:

If anyone reads this just before or during the weekend of the hunt and you can make it....come on over....:)

I know I am missing some folks....let me know so I can get a PM out...THANKS!!!

I called the SMITHFIELD TIMES...they are NOT interested in doing another story. They said they did one already and usually don't do a story twice...oh well. I called the DAILY PRESS...since they were going to do one at our first hunt (she got lost trying to find us...which is easy to do!)...I left a message with an individual from the PRESS...I had to work today....so I hope to touch base with them tomorrow...will let you know. I will also recontact the Va Pilot again and see if they would be willing to do a story this time!

LET THE HUNT BEGIN!
Annmarie

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should we invite this guy? What's his name? Jughead?

archie_hl.jpg

:icon_jokercolor:

DCMatt

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I'm gonna do my best to be there, but I might end up in Dayton, OH for a training class. If I do get to come I'm gonna bring Angela again, and Sleeper said he would come with me.

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
cryptodave said:
I'm gonna do my best to be there, but I might end up in Dayton, OH for a training class. If I do get to come I'm gonna bring Angela again, and Sleeper said he would come with me.

I'm counting on you being there!!!! And KEN TOO! (I will bring his chair with me too! LOL) ...Hi Angela....hope to see you there too!!!

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron and Ann said:
cryptodave said:

I'm counting on you being there!!!! And KEN TOO! (I will bring his chair with me too! LOL) ...Hi Angela....hope to see you there too!!!

I will be coming Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday sometime, so I won't be there all 4 days unfortunately.

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Well alrighty then, let's get it on!!! I will be there for the weekend days, but not the camping. I am so looking forward to this.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Ken and I should be there early Friday, and possibly Ken, Angela and myself on Saturday. We are going to leave at night each day because of certain peoples fear of sleeping outside AV (after varmit)... Hint its two people and its not me... lol!

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
cryptodave said:
Ken and I should be there early Friday, and possibly Ken, Angela and myself on Saturday. We are going to leave at night each day because of certain peoples fear of sleeping outside AV (after varmit)... Hint its two people and its not me... lol!

OMG....I needed that Dave....That was a great laugh!!!! Oh come on....ain't no varmits .... we had NO PROBLEMS at Camp Kiwanis....NONE .... bring your tents just incase...k?

Make sure you don't arrive before NOON....you can arrive at noon...but not before...out of respect to Ranger Dan and as per the agreement with BSA. K?

I am thinking of leaving Thurs night and getting a hotel near there..but that will depend on Ron's work hours....if not, my plan is to leave by 9 am on Friday!!!! That should get us there by noon....

Been packing the last couple of days....more so .... so I don't forget anything LOL....like knives to prepare food!!!

I will be bringing some DVD's also....I have a power strip and extension cords....more so for the computer....but also to watch DVD's...bringing my boys too....they are going to practice their archery....PLEASE BEWARE...STAND CLEAR LOL...they are new at this sport LOL.

Oh, bringing my hair dryer and lots of water...so I can wash my hair and wash up each day (the boys will stink after two days! LOL)....since we have electricity at the shelter....

I know you three will stay overnight....I'll even post signs NO VARMITS ALLOWED!!! LOL :D

See you all there!!!
Annmarie

sndman60

Jan 31, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300
Ann, I plan on being there for Sat. and Sun. So, what time and where should I met up with you Saturday morning? I have never been there and I might need some directions as well. I will be coming from Williamsburg and I think I know to catch the fairy. Gotta tell ya, I am so like a kid right now anticipating this. I might also have a friend that will come along as well. He is very experienced at detecting. He does understadn all the do's and don'ts as I have been keeping him very informed. Wish I could camp, but too many irons in the fire. How was your Easter? OK, then I'll see y'all there. Thanks

Gary

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
warsawdaddy said:
I'm glad you guys are getting together again.Have a great hunt and don't forget the pics.

Thank You Warsawdaddy....we are too! However, it may be our last...HOPE NOT!!...but we are planning right now that this might be our last chance...so we have to make these 4 days count...just incase.

Of course I will post pics...if I can get an internet connection while up there (doubt it...wishful thinking ;))....I'll post pics while up there....if not, when we get home. Will take LOTS of pics ;)

Wish you could join us, but glad we can share with you and others through our photos. Wish us luck...we think we may have a location pinned down on an old homestead site!!!

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron and Ann said:
cryptodave said:

OMG....I needed that Dave....That was a great laugh!!!! Oh come on....ain't no varmits .... we had NO PROBLEMS at Camp Kiwanis....NONE .... bring your tents just incase...k?

Make sure you don't arrive before NOON....you can arrive at noon...but not before...out of respect to Ranger Dan and as per the agreement with BSA. K?

I am thinking of leaving Thurs night and getting a hotel near there..but that will depend on Ron's work hours....if not, my plan is to leave by 9 am on Friday!!!! That should get us there by noon....

Been packing the last couple of days....more so .... so I don't forget anything LOL....like knives to prepare food!!!

I will be bringing some DVD's also....I have a power strip and extension cords....more so for the computer....but also to watch DVD's...bringing my boys too....they are going to practice their archery....PLEASE BEWARE...STAND CLEAR LOL...they are new at this sport LOL.

Oh, bringing my hair dryer and lots of water...so I can wash my hair and wash up each day (the boys will stink after two days! LOL)....since we have electricity at the shelter....

I know you three will stay overnight....I'll even post signs NO VARMITS ALLOWED!!! LOL :D

See you all there!!!
Annmarie

If I can get my ass out of bed, I should be there around 2 or 230 on Friday. I need to plan it so I won't hit 95 traffic this time. I will be bringing a double batch of chili with cornbread and a big bottle of Franks hot sauce. I have an extra tent if you think we will need/use it for someone or gear. I am also going to try and print out enough maps and photos for everyone and have them lamenated...not sure about this one yet, but we'll see. I will also have extra digging tools, pouches, etc, if anyone needs to borrow them.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to bring.

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100
Ann,
We will be arriving on Sat morn, but I want to clarify that the 'arrive after noon' is for the Friday arrivals.
What time should we get there so we do not miss you on Sat morn? Just a general idea...

I'm sure I can hunt through the old posts for directions again, but I would like more specifics on getting to Camp Kiwanas. I cannot remember the location. If it is near our site last May, I know where to park, but if it is somewhere else, I will better in camp directions.

Thanks!
Stacy

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Stacylee926 said:
Ann,
We will be arriving on Sat morn, but I want to clarify that the 'arrive after noon' is for the Friday arrivals.
What time should we get there so we do not miss you on Sat morn? Just a general idea...

I'm sure I can hunt through the old posts for directions again, but I would like more specifics on getting to Camp Kiwanas. I cannot remember the location. If it is near our site last May, I know where to park, but if it is somewhere else, I will better in camp directions.

Thanks!
Stacy

So glad you both will be there.....:):):)

When you drive into the reservation....instead of going to Camp Lions....go to the right...you will see a sign CAMP KIWANIS.....now, when driving down that road...you see us on the left hand side...that is the area we are concentrating on....just pull in. If we are not there, keep driving down the road and on the right ... you will see an open shelter on the right and tents set up...that is where we are camping at. I expect us to be at that site though by the time you get there (on the left).

See you there Saturday :)
Annmarie

OP
OP
LadyDigger

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Kiros32 said:
If I can get my ass out of bed, I should be there around 2 or 230 on Friday. I need to plan it so I won't hit 95 traffic this time. I will be bringing a double batch of chili with cornbread and a big bottle of Franks hot sauce. I have an extra tent if you think we will need/use it for someone or gear. I am also going to try and print out enough maps and photos for everyone and have them lamenated...not sure about this one yet, but we'll see. I will also have extra digging tools, pouches, etc, if anyone needs to borrow them.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to bring.

Cool Beans!!!! Oh, I know what you mean....that traffic is such a bear!!!

Can't wait for the chili and cornbread...yummy!!! :)

We are bringing an extra tent also...just incase. That would be great on the maps, but if you can't...that will be fine...that is very nice of you!

I'm bringing lots of pouches too...from the first hunt to give out....

Thanks for the chili....looking forward to that...oh and for bringing yourself too ;)....give our best to Angela!!!
See you there...Annmarie

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI Crew...

We're not leaving the site until someone pulls out an old copper, be it a large cent or a colonial. I know they are there...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread