Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello,

I was talking to my father (who was born in Chile) about metal detecting and whatnot. He told me a story about how there are tons of caves in the area where he used to live. He said that some of the more daring kids would go in there and drink with their buddies. Anyhow, that got me thinking. I know that there was a lot of pirate activity in Chile and South America. I was wondering if anybody had anything regarding buried treasures off the coast of Chile. My wife and I are planning a trip down there next year. We'll be staying at my grandmother's house and hopefully making a trip to Easter Island.

Here are some of the things I found:

Sir Francis Drake in 1579, Bartholomew Sharpe in 1680 and Edward Davis in 1686. The buccaneer days marked the birth of several legends: one of these affirms that Drake left buried treasure at La Herradura beach.

TREASURE ISLAND JUAN FERNANDEZ:
The Juan Fernandez Islands, a haven for pirates and bandits are known to be a place that keeps riches, hidden treasures. Many are the sites identified as such and few cases of findings.

TREASURE ISLAND IMELDEB: In Chiloe Island in Imeldeb, the side facing Quehui there, according to local belief, a valuable treasure left behind by a pirate ship, which is thought, was wrecked at that point as a result of persecution suffered by Spanish vessels.
Since then, the existence of this treasure has flowed from mouth No Mouth, and many who have moved to that place to make excavations at night.

TREASURY OF PEDRO DE VALDIVIA: On the way Pitrufquén to Villarrica, one speaks of the Burial of Pedro de Valdivia. People tell about ghosts in the hills around, these visions have to do with part of a treasure. The neighbors say they are Spanish with their weapons and armor.

TREASURE OF THE INCA: The inhabitants of the Atacama Desert, located on Treasure of the Incas in a pond, which would be in the hilltop Quimai. (N.O. the Salar de Atacama).
The death of Atahualpa, happened in 1533. And he knows that the caravan that traveled levying taxes in the direction of Cuzco., Was informed that the Inca had died. The caravan carrying fourteen and half pounds of gold, which was the tribute. The Indians, not knowing what to do with the treasure, the precious cargo to have been deposited at the bottom of the hill Quimal lagoon.
It is said that some residents nearby have searched and have managed to remove objects that give bad luck to their owners.

TREASURY OF THE MARQUESA: This is another major known burials in the north. There is a beautiful and rich Creole Marquise had been forced, in time past, to leave his domain to be saved from the rising of her errand, and had saved her jewels and treasure, enclosing them in a mine adit remained in the hills of a farm called the Marchioness, in memory of what had been its aristocratic owner. Would add that the noble lady, very beautiful, of course, accompanied by two faithful servants, went inside and that a ridge had temporarily thrown into a bottomless pit.

TREASURY OF PUERTO VIEJO: Between Copiapo and Caldera, closer to this port, is the treasure called Puerto Viejo. Here in a cave, would have saved a great treasure the Spanish.

BURIAL OF THE RAVINE FRENCH: Tradition has it that some pirates who were aware of the fabulous treasure buried in the bay of La Herradura, by the Brotherhood of the Black Flag, it unearthed and, since they could not take it immediately, changed places . And the new place was Papudo, once hidden and garnished small bay. But the burial ground would have been done in, at a place called Quebrada del Frances.

Carelmapu BURIAL: The Dutchman pirate Henry Brown, who stormed Castro Carelmapu Calbuco and caused many of the inhabitants of these village populations were reflected in, those who were buried in his escape their property values.
Some prisoners said they were references and in some groves in Caremapu, the escapees had hidden riches.
With this background began searching and only found a chest with 325 pesos of eight reales and twenty pounds of silver work.
Burials hunters believe that this chest can be the total flow of people fleeing carrying everything they had, and so continue the search.

BURIAL OF DRAKE: Drake, the adventurer, who was called Scourge of God, stole gold dust in Valparaiso, sacked the customs warehouses full of merchandise, were supplied with food and took valuables from both private homes as the churches.
This pirate feared his capture of Spanish vessels, and it is believed that the loot they took from Chile buried before leaving in a corner of the coast near Arica.

Burial of the LLP in Quilpue: A funeral people located near this village, next to a pataguas that many claim have been converted, at night, in true Easter trees. Thousands of lights, the most varied colors, adorn. They say that these lights up relentlessly through the branches toward the top, into a blaze. Here at this site for many years has sought the burial, and has come to break down pataguas.

STONE BURIAL OF FATHER: Cajon del Maipu Stone was called the Father, from its resemblance to a human figure dressed in clerical robes. Under this similarity, the popular belief was a guardian of a funeral or a Jesuit monk. Until one day a dug and blasted the stone and says nothing found.

BURIAL OF LAGUNA Aculeo: After the defeat of Chile in Rancagua, some rich people who lived not far from that place were proposed to salvage their money. Thus, encased gold, silver, precious stones and rich dishes, which were conditioned in a cart. An old boy of the estate would transfer everything to Argentina. But he had reached the outskirts of Laguna Aculeo when you are the Spanish, and before surrendering to them, he plunges his cattle prods and guides into the lake. The weight of all that was riding it sank deep into the mud.

BURIAL OF THE CRYSTAL LAKE: It is said that seeking shelter to escape a snowstorm, reached the rocks bordering the Lake of the crystals a carrier and its herd of mules. In this defense fell asleep, while the lake level exceeded by dragging it to its depth, together with the mules, carrying a cargo of gold.
They tell that some sunny afternoons at the bottom are the carrier and his animals, and even feel the sound of the bell of the mule godmother. Others say that the mules out of the lagoon and furled by man, take a trace.

BURIAL OF THE JESUITS IN OCOA: celebrity is the burial of the loads of gold from the Jesuits, at Hacienda de Ocoa, following his expulsion from the Americas in 1767. Ras this funeral, they've gone several expeditions. It ensures that the funeral was stung, but he could not be removed because of strong material, even dynamite, which covers the entrance of the vault.
According to the people, a curse on those who attempt to take over the funeral.

BURIAL OF THE EAGLE: Close to Santiago is the fundo The Eagle, in which there would be a great funeral of gold using this reference, have come to the site with many search engines the exact data about where he stands, but to achieve with it. As the burial comes today from time to time, owners of the land where it stands, they have resorted to the courts to avoid the inconvenience and damage caused to it those who went to the safe.

MIRAFLORES STREET BURIAL: In Santiago, there is a burial that has been highly sought after, on their browsers have fallen to ruin and death over others.
This burial had among its trajinadotes the great Peruvian poet José Santos Chocano, who had to pay a fine because he hid his excavation on the deadline day of the municipal license. Similarly, after he died of a stab in the back which dealt another punch burials.

BURIAL Mapocho River: On the banks of the Mapocho River, at the height of the street on May 21, is a large funeral. The history of this goes back to the days of Don Pedro de Valdivia, and one of his colleagues, the brilliant Royal Ensign, Miranda. This funeral plans were kept for years in the municipality of Santiago.

PORTEZUELO COURSE THREE: It has highlighted the imagination not only of the tough miners, but also learned men who in time of prospectors mining boom were tireless.
The course of the Three Portezuelo has not brought anyone on the safe side, it has not even revealed to his prospectors followed the tracks are the exact starting from Copiapo.

OP
OP
Silverhawk

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. I will keep digging and post any updates I find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread