Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello everybody. I'm in the swamp on a weak cellphone signal. I have been here since august. I was hoping to read some good news from BDD but it appears he doesn't post here anymore. Is there another thread he posts on? You got to admit he's an interesting guy although unconventional. Did he find the big cache? How is everybody else doing?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Cypress,

No, he hasn't been around for a month. No internet in the bottom of the hole.

You've been in the swamp since August? How's the rum supply holding up?

CHUDs

Feb 13, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really care for all the sniping going on...if BDD wants to go for it, hey, no skin off of anyone else's back, right? As for dowsing, we had our well witched in the Sierras about 10 years ago. The water witch found the new well area about 50 from the old well spot. She said the best water would be between 245 and 255 feet down just under a layer of volcanic filter rock. BOOM! 248 feet down we hit a beautiful underground stream bed with 20 gallons per minute of some of the best water I have ever tasted. My interest in dowsing was originally piqued during a trip to the Australian outback in the early nineties. I was staying at an outback station with a group of travelers and we took a trip deep into the bush with the rancher. He showed us a remote water station for his cattle and told us that he found the underground water, in an extremely dry area, using dowsing. He cut a Y shaped branch from a nearby tree and stripped it down. He held it and walked around. When he crossed the underground water the branch would do a forceful nosedive. He explained that it had to do with people's individual electromagnetic field. To show his theory in effect, he handed the branch off to anyone who wanted to try. Most felt the tug of the branch, myself included, but when he put his hand on my shoulder the branch immediately pointed downwards with such force that the wood twisted and cracked. I don't know how this applies to dowsing for precious metals and minerals but I for one am a believer!

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks Charlie. I'm still hoping he finds something CHUDs. Too bad it can't find precious metals as well as water.

Last edited:

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I have just finished reading through this thread from start to finish. It seems to me if a treasure hunter employs a certain method for cache hunting or finding precious metals etc. and they are a believer and it is proven for THEM, then why do others find it necessary to attack that method or harangue that hunter with "bounties" etc. This forum is a place for sharing ideas and learning and to enjoy reading about other peoples searches, and sometimes finds...... If you don't like or disagree with a topic or a method....move on, you don't have to read it. Discussions or debates about methods of treasure hunting or research etc can be constructive without being disrespectful. I enjoy reading about people's "quests" or searches for treasure and methods used. The challenges and posting bounties to "prove" your side are irritating to say the least........Jeez People

Come on back BDD. I would venture to say that there are more people who enjoyed following your threads and your progress and sometimes setbacks, than the few who poke at you with sticks. Maybe those folks have had issues with a person in a past thread or other encounter. "Take it outside fellas" as the old saying goes....
Be safe and stay warm.....Mark

Last edited:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I have just finished reading through this thread from start to finish. It seems to me if a treasure hunter employs a certain method for cache hunting or finding precious metals etc. and they are a believer and it is proven for THEM, then why do others find it necessary to attack that method or harangue that hunter with "bounties" etc. This forum is a place for sharing ideas and learning and to enjoy reading about other peoples searches, and sometimes finds...... If you don't like or disagree with a topic or a method....move on, you don't have to read it. Discussions or debates about methods of treasure hunting or research etc can be constructive without being disrespectful. I enjoy reading about people's "quests" or searches for treasure and methods used. The challenges and posting bounties to "prove" your side are irritating to say the least........Jeez People

Come on back BDD. I would venture to say that there are more people who enjoyed following your threads and your progress and sometimes setbacks, than the few who poke at you with sticks. Maybe those folks have had issues with a person in a past thread or other encounter. "Take it outside fellas" as the old saying goes....

If you want to get a good look at Big Dog Dads stuff, go to page 2 and look at Pirates treasure, permit to dig. He only had about 117,000 views. Very interesting, until the naysayer jerks forced the moderator to cut it off. Again...too bad.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toilet-Treasure-Hunter-1586.jpg

:occasion14:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

The first line will answer your questions. "I joined Treasurenet to tell some of my story and try to get help." I believe the naysayers were honestly trying to help him.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Any "poking with stick" of BDD will earn timeouts. Seems warnings don't work for some....

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I guess the naysayer jerk comment was OK. Myself I was just a little curious if BDD has made any finds. I have been gone from this site for a long time and BDD hasnt posted since last year. Maybe its best to just let it die out. Im not really that interested.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Good to see you are still here TH. And hello Aquanut, lastleg, Savor6, vor, ECS
and all the others.:hello:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you are still here TH. And hello Aquanut, lastleg, Savor6, vor, ECS
and all the others.:hello:
Hey Big C good to see you posting again.... I'm still on top side of the grass and still here posting...

Its been 5 or 6 months since I have seen you post....

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey Big C good to see you posting again.... I'm still on top side of the grass and still here posting...

Its been 5 or 6 months since I have seen you post....

I have been in the swamp for 8 continuous months. Its too expensive to live in town.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You might want to go back when you catch up with current world events.

But it's good you've surfaced. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread