Pirates, Shipwreck and Treasure

Wish I had the time to attend this. But if I had anytime at all, I would have gone to see Marx's talk first. He was one of the four salvors I interviewed, and who convinced me to search for a wreck at Jupiter Inlet in 1977. I believe the forthcoming event is represented by some creditable treasure hunters. I read some of the bios with the link and was humored by one. Capt. MD claims to have found the two battle sites at Jupiter. I wish he would PM me and give me a reason why he thinks he was the first to discover these sites; when ?and how? MD has made some creditable discoveries and I respect his success. However, this is not one of those, considering that I found these sites in 1978, done some excavation and placed artifacts in Loxahatchee museum, in 1980. I revealed little of my current work during that presentation, but did mention some data regarding what I found. It was handled this way because I was applying for a state archeological grant so to have these sites surveyed and mapped. At the time, I was advised not to disclose too much information, both by LHS, and by the DuBois Historical Society. Also, by the BCHC, a state agency, who provided me with the grant writer. Also, press about the project was forbidden, other than the limited information given at the presentation of the first group of artifacts to the museum. Notably, soon after this presentation, four off-season salvors were sent to me via DHS, asking to volunteer. I have to check my back records on the names of the four as I only recall one name who spoke for the group. Weren't you one of the four MD? Notably, I also discovered where the Everglades Expeditionary patrol battle ended and will reveal evidence of that someday when I'm ready to publish the whole sordid, political stank-ridden mess. Thank You for allowing me to vent...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back