Places near Raleigh nc to find treasure

BEVFD1113

Jun 27, 2011
raleigh nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recently moved to the Raleigh area and am trying to find any good places to hunt, I metal detect gold pan and do all forms of treasure hunting. I moved from western nc where locations where easy to find now I am having no luck. I would be great full if anyone new of some good spots. Thanks

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look on google earth for a large wooded area. buy a hand held gps, make a survival pack(water, food, food, water, water,water, food, flashlight, e-pirb, tent, extra cloths, bug spray, and whatever else you think you need to survive in the woods and get out there --- don't forget to pack some heat - hand warmers are fine, but i am speaking about guns.
do your research, and go.
thats my two bits - good luck.
the farther you go into the woods - the better chances you have to stumble upon something great.
this is what i would do, because i have done it, and i am not in any way responsible for what you do.
good luck.

i lived near their for 15 years, and have discovered, and found some great stuff.
happy hunting, and be safe.

Whitebeard

Nov 20, 2011
Higher-North-Shore Qc.
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally bring all my camping essentials and food I need for two weeks when I board my canoe to go hunting, searching tributary rivers is what I like most.

Cranman

Dec 1, 2011
Central NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey I live pretty close to Raleigh, and am looking for a detector to check a few areas close to my house that seem like they would be good areas to detect. Wouldn't mind meeting up and poking around one of them with someone who has experience detecting.

OP
OP
BEVFD1113

BEVFD1113

Jun 27, 2011
raleigh nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cranman said:
Hey I live pretty close to Raleigh, and am looking for a detector to check a few areas close to my house that seem like they would be good areas to detect. Wouldn't mind meeting up and poking around one of them with someone who has experience detecting.
\

That sounds great i have a couple of detectors nothing great but they work and you could use them. I would love some new places. Ilive in knightdale let me know when you want to go and I will meet u out there.

catbird

Oct 18, 2008
raleigh
Detector(s) used
whites XLT
bevfd1113,i live in raleigh and i have a couple hundred places i have done some research on and i just need someone to search these areas for me , cause i cant do it anymore. i can go to the sites and show you what areas to search and if you eind anything we will split the goodies. if interested send me a email,and phone and i give you a call.......

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to catbird. I cannot help you because I live in Connecticut.

wakeforestgold

Greenie
Jul 26, 2014
wake forest nc
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hi i have seen a group here who search using metal detectors. as you might know metal detectors are forbidden here except for landowners who let you search in their land.

there is a group here who get permission form some private land owners and they go as a group and search

if interested send me your email.

for me i have never joined them but just found their website. there are here in raleigh. i think you should pay something for subscription. thanks

for me i am for gold and coins. thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread