hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Just in passing..Frankn had a thread about the plague. We just had our first of the year in the next county NE of here. A 14 year old is stable now. Kinda of creepy having something like that so close. They warned about the infected fleas going from mice/rats to pets to us. In the past I've often gotten flea bites and recognize them right away. A small pimple usually where the elastic in socks meet my leg. Itch like crazy. I take more care of my cats & dogs now.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just in passing..Frankn had a thread about the plague. We just had our first of the year in the next county NE of here. A 14 year old is stable now. Kinda of creepy having something like that so close. They warned about the infected fleas going from mice/rats to pets to us. In the past I've often gotten flea bites and recognize them right away. A small pimple usually where the elastic in socks meet my leg. Itch like crazy. I take more care of my cats & dogs now.
Yup...it's scary how a little thing like a flea bite can have such serious consequences...same with (in my case) a tick bite, which got me a case of Rocky Mountain Spotted fever. Both are serious diseases, and not to be taken lightly. I'm going back to Wyoming next week...first trip since getting sick in June. I'll be taking the Permetherin with me, to keep the ticks off my clothes.
Jim

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sevin dust don't look so bad in light of some of the alternatives. I know my neighbors that have dogs, they just run their fleas from one yard to the other, then back again, I believe.
One of my customers from Mass, her elderly uncle just got out of ICU fighting Legionnaire's Disease.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been suffering with Lyme and two of the ticks co-infections bobesia and erlichiosis for almost ten years. I've almost died, have a pacemaker after it attacked my brain and heart, lost all of our retirement savings for medical bills. No joke guys, use Deet right before you go in but treat your boots and clothing with that permethrin. $20 to save you from 24/7 pain is the best investment. I hate ticks and when I find them I burn the suckers like im putting them through a personally gifted hell,payback. Just don't want to hear anyone else get this stuff.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Be really careful there hvacker, not just for bubonic plague. Don't forget you guys have Hanta Virus too. Really scary...

OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems like everything alive here either stings, bites, or sticks a barb in ya. along with those fleas and plants.

But Austin, if I remember my boot camp experience down there, you have your own group of nasty critters.

Last edited:

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be really careful there hvacker, not just for bubonic plague. Don't forget you guys have Hanta Virus too. Really scary...

Anywhere deer mice are..hanta is...fact is tho, unless you inhale dust from the feces you won't get it....

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread