Platinum or not?

kachidousa

Jan 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across this with my metal detector. I live in Ohio.
My metal detector said Silver . I took it to many Jewelry store and Gold buyers . They had no idea . They ran test with acid and electric testing and came up with nothing.
Some say its Platinum other they couldn't say what it was. It is not magnetic. It is very hard metal and weighs around 3.34 oz. I tried torch and didnt melt . I really tried to torch it also. Some say metroite. I wish I knew. My next step take it to the University. Any Ideas let me know Thanks....
here is a link to a video I put on youtube.

I hope this was O.K. if not Ill delete it.
Thanks

Upvote 1

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Noticed this was your very first post kachidousa - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't look like natural platinum. Hope I'm wrong. :occasion14:

GOLDENEYE

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2007
virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Hey what a neat find.I live in va and found some silver like nugetts they have these little like silvery looking spheres on the high features of the nugetts and are heavy.Your find looks great take it to a gemoligist or get it assayed at a local assayers office where you live.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread