Playground and beach finds

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Hi everyone,

I hit a few different playgrounds Sunday afternoon but they were pretty much cleaned out before I got there. I only found 97 cents and a few odd things. The guitar pick and teardrop shaped stone (fake) were eye finds. Yesterday it was 95 degrees here and very humid. So last night I went to the beach to detect for 2 1/2 hours. I found a ring in the wet sand at low tide with markings "10RB" inside. Does anyone know what the "10RB" means? I also found $1.42 in clad and a watch I spotted from about 25 feet away just lying on top of the wet sand at low tide. It's just a Timex Expedition and still working. There were a lot of people walking the beach and it must have just fallen off someones wrist. I had just made a pass by there a few minutes earlier. I was waiting for someone to ask me if I found it so I could return it, but no one did. I would like to get down to the beach again tonight, but I don't know if that's going to happen. Today it's suppose to be very humid again and get up to 101 degrees. Hopefully it's cooler where you are and happy hunting!

Glenn

Attachments

• playground.jpg
    playground.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 752
  • ring_and_watch1.jpg
    ring_and_watch1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 752
  • ring_and_watch2.jpg
    ring_and_watch2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 718
  • ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 757
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Glenn-RI

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Thanks everyone.

Baddog....Thanks for the link. I'll keep it handy and keep looking.

Glenn

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glenn,

Nice finds there.

"Playgrounds, and Beaches, and Parks, Oh My!" Sorry guys I,m rambling. ;)

Ed Donovan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot here too Glenn. :P Great ring and watch you found!

Congrats! Nana ;)

M

mchamby

Nice finds, it is suppose to be better tomorrow Glen so hopefully you can hit it again. The thing with the heat is it brings a lot more people to the beach to lose things so its not all bad just have to hit it at the right time. HH
Mchamby

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nice find .That ring is really neat. Is that a "g" on the front of it? Must be really lucky if it is ...G for Glen

OP
OP
Glenn-RI

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Hi Gypsy,

It kind of looks like a "g" but I'm not sure. It also looks a little like a "B" when you turn it around.

Glenn

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Glenn, although the ring is plated. Zootman is right:

http://www.sternleach.com/technical/gfvsrgp.php

"Rolled Gold Plate, also known as gold overlay and gold plate. A layer of at least 10 karat gold, or finer, is bonded mechanically to one or more surfaces of a supporting metal. The bonded material is then drawn or rolled to a specific thickness. The karat gold layer may be less than 1/20th by weight and must be disclosed (1/30, 1/40). A proper marking for a rolled gold plate item is 1/30 14 Karat Rolled Gold Plate."

Those are some great finds though. I'm glad someone here in RI is finding good stuff. I'm stuck in a gold/silver drought right now. HH!

OP
OP
Glenn-RI

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Hi John,

Thanks for the info.....Your day will come. I'm still searching for that first gold ring.

Glenn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread