PLEASE ALWAYS THINK SAFTEY !!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
month or so they found the remains of a little boy that had come up missing almost 2 years ago. What the young man had done was step onto a old well hole and fell in.
1. ALWAYS carry a cell phone with you.
2. Try and not hunt alone
3.I am usually carrying a pistol. I had three you people come up to me at a place near Akron Ohio. They wanted to know HOW MUCH my GEIGER counter was worth. I told them i had about 30 dollars in it. The one said not worth the effort. I think i knew what they was thinking.
4. Always tell someone where your going and when you think you will be back
5. If i find a open well pit or some open hole i try and go get some kind of skid and place it over the hole. I realize it is a lot of time spent doing this but feel it is worth my effort. I also notify the property owner about it and suggest they do something to prevent someone from getting hurt.

I came upon a open hole today and thought maybe some of you people do also. We need to think saftey first.

sorry for babbling on I feel it is important to our sport

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good point Gare, lucky for us our hobby has us looking down a lot . I found a hand dug, unlined well a few weeks back. looked to be about 40' deep.
the guy that dug that had guts .

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for the good advice! :icon_thumleft:

Be well my friend!

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I had a hobby (that wasn't firearms related) and it required me to carry a gun, I'd pick a different hobby or a different place to enjoy my hobby.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting does not require you to carry a firearm. It's a personal choice.

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice GARE, I take survey tape and mark them off.

I don't leave home without a spare tire and lug wrench in my truck. May not need it before I get back, but if I do I am happy I had it with me. Only hobby I have that requires me to carry a gun is hunting. All other times its a personal choice. No different than carrying any other tool out with you.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guilty of:
1. Not carrying a cell phone.
2. I hunt alone.
3. I have never carried a gun while detecting.
4. I don't tell my family where I'm going.
5. Open holes I will put a large branch in.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pa plateau hiker: That is your decision and option. Your life depends on what you decide. It only take ONE wrong person or some accident to change your life completely. I just think more of my family and what they would go through !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread