Please an update on the Excalibur 1000..

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noble, I have been using the Excalibur 1000 for over four years, and have taken it with me from Florida to Guam, Wake Island, Midway, Hawaii, Gibraltar, Bermuda and Kuwait. I have only had one knob come off during all that travel and that was due to a loose allen screw. Also, those allen screws tend to rust and the fix for that is to spray them with some rust blocker. Available at West Marine and most boat stores.
The bottom line is the Excalibur is an outstanding machine, and I have no regrets with making that decision.

Happy Hunting!

Q

OP
OP
N

Noble Metal

Wreckdiver1715, Thank You, that is exactly the type of answer I need.
In the Philippines the people throw their metal on the ground. (I guess with small islands what can they do with it), so a pulse machine it seems would be great, except for all the years of fishing boats, metal, the war etc., I was going to hit a couple of the tourist/swimming beaches at the loweset low tide, in all of the above context and the machines in the world is that what you would use as the best in the world for the above, and depth in inches, VLF Excalibur? Anything better, or shall I order?
And THANK You always, Noble Metal.

divedigger

Mar 27, 2003
SouthEast NC
Detector(s) used
DMC-II,Cibola,Excaliber,Whites PI, AT Max
The problem with the wires seems to come from the belt mounting some people favor,if you leave it mounted to the shaft you will eliminate some of the chances to stress a wire.Ivave 1 that is 5 years old and has neverr had a problem and it gets treated rough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread