Please can someone help me!?

OP
OP
V

Volodymyr4868

Apr 14, 2016
Guelph, ON, Canada
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2200, Spectra V3i, DRS Ground Exper Pro, back to Outbound best overall sadly!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scan 10.jpeg

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
The law I am referring to is Bylaw(1984)-11623 for those who weren't able to find it. Thanks for all the info so far guys it gave me lots of ideas! Trying to use T-Net membership to get my permit on Monday! If not will try info on how to start my own club from cw0909.

Vlad

using the T-Net membership, guessing that the powers that be
have to check and will get back with you, find more T-Net members
there in the county and say see its a club of more that one

the permit, looks so unofficial, if that had been handed/mailed to me
id been at the office double checking, even if it has the official office header
it has no signature/or sig stamp, or a seal of office, did this permit cost $

OP
OP
V

Volodymyr4868

Apr 14, 2016
Guelph, ON, Canada
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2200, Spectra V3i, DRS Ground Exper Pro, back to Outbound best overall sadly!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still didn't get the chance to go to city hall my math exam is Friday I think I will go to city hall after it. I hope both will go well :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Canadian Metal Detecting Association ?

is that the same as Canadian Metal Detecting .com ?
as I can't seem to find an Association.

Permit costs $11

for how much acreage ?

I have seen price has risen $25.00 here.
But for $125.00 I can get a permit to detect over 1000 acres of my County.
though allot of it is grown up wildly in summer, or mined out.
I've paid it to hunt places like these

Ud.jpg

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would almost be cheaper to vacation in Florida...

The rest of Canada does :P

:)

OP
OP
V

Volodymyr4868

Apr 14, 2016
Guelph, ON, Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It costs $11 for the whole city for 1 year, that's the permit cost. As for association it's not a website it's a different name for a club i.e. club/association. Hope this helps. OH GUYS GOOD NEWS I GOT MY PERMIT TODAY YOUR T-NET MEMBERSHIP WORKED!!THANKS SO MUCH!! AND MY EXAM WENT WELL TOO!! I hope I can use this page to post my finds and adventures. Stay tuned!

Vlad

OP
OP
V

Volodymyr4868

Apr 14, 2016
Guelph, ON, Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have been out detecting in the park today for the first time. Found a huge round bolt about 7cm in diameter probably from a huge farm machine or a building scrap a pop can a bunch of nails and other building scrap. It's new development area so this is to be expected.All finds gave good signals but hopes weren't realized. Before I only detected in my back yard as I didn't have the permit and the best I found was 10c from recent years. As for before that my best find was $1 Canadian coin on the beach. I am very new to the hobby and definitely not an expert and only have Discovery2200 metal detector. It's pretty low quality.I am hoping with my money I got from sale of my home in Ukraine to buy Macro Geo Hunter detector that reads the ground and shows you what's there. Pretty sweet stuff! Vlad

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
to buy Macro Geo Hunter detector that reads the ground and shows you what's there.....

I got bad news for you:

Based on your description of the the "park". And your finds (pop can junk, nails, etc...): A "Macro Geo Hunter detector" is not going to "read the ground" and "show you what's there". Sounds to me like you need to pick better places to hunt. Even using standard detectors.

OP
OP
V

Volodymyr4868

Apr 14, 2016
Guelph, ON, Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys! I hope you all remember me. I have been doing lots of hunting with my discovery 2200 and still not willing to spend lots of money on Macro GeoHunter since it's $3400 USD and will prevent me from properly investing into a condo mortgage. I found quite a few recent pennies in a couple of parks plus one beach i have been to and my best find was $1 recent coin and 2*25c again recent plus all my pennies that are also recent and a silver plated copper bracelet.Everything else was garbage. I am trying to move past this nonsense and find some good stuff. My question is to those who are sure. When a silver or a gold object or a different object of high conductivity is 9in or so deep will discovery 2200 beep at the end of spectrum or at the beginning. My knowledge is that signal gets affected by 4 things conductivity, depth, size, and position but does discovery 2200 adjust to depth i.e. detects deep conductive objects as low or high signal? Please let me know preferably by test since I have nothing really conductive to test this with, but might have to one day. Thanks for your input!

Vlad

OP
OP
V

Volodymyr4868

Apr 14, 2016
Guelph, ON, Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My running totals are $1.58($1, 2*25c, 8*1c(all recent), 2 keys, garbage) oh and 10c i mentioned before i didn't find with a metal detector so I don't count them. Just wanted to put as a proper update just to give an idea of why I am frustrated and would like an answer to my above question whenever you guys have time.Thanks again for all of your time and inputs!

Vlad

OP
OP
V

Volodymyr4868

Apr 14, 2016
Guelph, ON, Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys been out hunting again! Found $2,36. A two dollar canadian coin I know you don't have that in US but we do here in Canada, a quarter, a dime and a penny all from recent years but what can I do my detector is pretty bad. At least I am getting used to my detector now. Please write me back what you think. Also if anyone has any info about my earlier question would be nice to know. Thanks!

Vlad

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
are you talking about your question in post # 32? If so, I'm not really understanding your question. Are you asking if deeper objects don't identify accurately ? If so: yes: On ALL detectors (and not just your 2200) the accuracy of the TID begins to wain, the deeper the target.

Was that your question ?

OP
OP
V

Volodymyr4868

Apr 14, 2016
Guelph, ON, Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ok thanks yes that was my question! I hope I can get a better detector so I don't keep you guys bored stay tuned! For now my totals are 3,94.

Vlad

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may try an air test with your detector to see how deep it may detect an object.
There should be informational videos on the T Net forums, on how to do that.

OP
OP
V

Volodymyr4868

Apr 14, 2016
Guelph, ON, Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it's not how deep it detects but does it identify accurately as Tom in CA mentioned.Thanks Tom your answer really helped! I would do an air/ground test with silver or gold but I don't have any. Also my detector is horrible it goes very shallow and it does not properly lock in on the target(i.e. beeps everywhere)(even though I learnt how to pinpoint not all that bad (although sometimes I am an inch or 2 away) and as I said I really would like a detector that shows you whats there i.e. has a graphical scanner since I am new to the hobby and don't have very good guessing techniques besides discrimination feature but it's hit and miss even for experts since it only gives you an idea and not a certain fact of what's in the ground.

Vlad

OP
OP
V

Volodymyr4868

Apr 14, 2016
Guelph, ON, Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it is true good places to hunt are probably better but I don't have access to a vehicle and don't drive and don't really want to move anywhere although I might go to beach a couple of times this year and maybe go to South US for a vacation and will definitely take my detector along!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
But it is true good places to hunt are probably better but I don't have access to a vehicle and don't drive and don't really want to move anywhere ...

Then you're in a real pickle. If you have only a few lamo so-so spots within your non-driving range to get to (walk ? bicycle ? public transit? etc....), then that's going to put you in a pickle. Because as CTwoods so correctly says: Good finds are 99% a function of where you're hunting.

Yes you can get a little bit more out of sorry-sad sites, by having whizz-bang better machines. Of course. But when I look back over my career of all the best coins I've ever found (14 gold coins, for instance): When I think back to the EXACT signal some of those best coins gave, I'd have to admit that they were almost always "gimmees". Ie sometimes shallow enough I heard them with my sunray probe before even starting to dig.

So they were mostly a function of being in the right place @ right time. At beach storm erosion in the howling wind and rain, when depth becomes a non-issue. Or old town urban demolitions when the tractors have done all the work for you. Or virgin stage stops and virgin turn-of-century picnic sites, where each coin "rings the bells of notre dame" (ie.: even a cheap machine could hear them).

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm happy to read that it worked out for you with the permit.
Vlad, you may want to check out the Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro as a possible future detector. It goes deep and has awesome TID capabilities. Made in USA for around $280. Here in the lower 48.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread