Please dont start off this way!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it's the second day of the month and I've had a whole bunch of requests from people to buy stuff. Some came over from the last two days of September as well. So as of October 2 I have sold nine things for a total of $931 but I'm awaiting payment for $556.66. Two people have less than 50 feedback not too thrilled!!

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been having more non paying bidders lately too. I think it's because I've been concentrating heavily on video games lately.

Would love it o see ebay auto charge bidders once the auction is over if their feedback is below a certain level. Don't let them bid unless either they have the funds in PayPal or make them pre-authorize a card. The thing that really sucks is you have to waste a whole week waiting for them to pay before you can relist.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been having more non paying bidders lately too. I think it's because I've been concentrating heavily on video games lately. Would love it o see ebay auto charge bidders once the auction is over if their feedback is below a certain level. Don't let them bid unless either they have the funds in PayPal or make them pre-authorize a card. The thing that really sucks is you have to waste a whole week waiting for them to pay before you can relist.

And coming up on this time year that can depend on selling it or not... One of them, the bracelet sold for $425. The buyer has a feedback of 7. If she doesn't buy it I will probably just put it in my safe deposit box until gold goes up. if it ever does May relisted to for Christmas time but I cant imagine with feedback that low she ends up paying.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing that really sucks is you have to waste a whole week waiting for them to pay before you can relist.
Actually, you only have to wait 2 days technically. You can open an unpaid item case after 2 days if payment has not been made.
Unpaid item policy
I've never really had a problem with buyers that had low feedback scores myself. I've had more problems with high feedback buyers, course I'm not selling gold for hundreds of dollars though.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Luckily I've only had non paying bidders on items for less than ten bucks. I do a lot of buy it nows and always require immediate payment with those.

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, you only have to wait 2 days technically. You can open an unpaid item case after 2 days if payment has not been made.
Unpaid item policy
I've never really had a problem with buyers that had low feedback scores myself. I've had more problems with high feedback buyers, course I'm not selling gold for hundreds of dollars though.

Two days to open the case, but you don't close the case until 3 or 4 days after that. Only then are you free and clear to sell the item to someone else if the buyer hasn't paid. So, 5-6 days.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two days to open the case, but you don't close the case until 3 or 4 days after that. Only then are you free and clear to sell the item to someone else if the buyer hasn't paid. So, 5-6 days.
Never stopped me from relisting, I just relist it using the "sell similar" option. So far it hasn't been an issue. In the meantime if someone pays, I will end the listing, though it hasn't happened yet. I usually wait 4 days though as stated in my listings.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Never stopped me from relisting, I just relist it using the "sell similar" option. So far it hasn't been an issue. In the meantime if someone pays, I will end the listing, though it hasn't happened yet. I usually wait 4 days though as stated in my listings.
I like this idea...

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've done this once, but you can get yourself jammed up like this and end up messing up your seller rating. Not a great long term solution imo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread