OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Thanks Jr...I was down there fishing yesterday...when I was back at the car I looked upstream ..I don’t know how I missed all the clues before. Placer gold would have been deposited here during high water...I checked the map when I got home..I will do some digging next week..Art

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look good art how long it it take to get that much,i know you most likely took your fishing pole with you,what a life fishing and panning.. ha ha

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Jr...It’s not a very good place to fish...It used to be but they blew the broken old dam just below here and now the deep spots are gone..I got most of the gold that was under a foot deep but there is still a lot there..that water is still cold and it took about 6 hours.. I think they put the parking area and the outhouses in the wrong place..From talking to people in the area that river is overdue for a 100 year flood..I think I have almost enough to replace this computer that I dislike...Art

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, marked in yellow circles the places I picked up gold. Then the other photo marked 2 spots, not sure if the gold is larger or more in quantity.

River 2-aarthrj3811.jpg

River 2B-aarthrj3811.jpg

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thanks Red desert....I got placer gold all over the map also..I only searched 20 feet on each side of the paved path to the river so far...Recovering placer gold is very time consuming...Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey jojo jor...I will probably will work there 2 or 3 more times. I drew a crowd at the spot where I did the panning..Hard to hide setting in the river. I started chasing placer gold in 1981. In 1998 I started using the rods...In 2003 I started chasing big treasures...I will treat this spot as a bank where I can get money if I need it.. Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I just do what is fun for me..I know the gold is there and that makes me happy..Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Red desert....I got placer gold all over the map also..I only searched 20 feet on each side of the paved path to the river so far...Recovering placer gold is very time consuming...Art

The 2nd map with the 2 spots marked. You know how sometimes we dowse for gold treasure and hit raw gold instead.....well, I decided to see how this would work on your site.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Red desert..I just rechecked the map...I am now getting 3 gold coins...I will have to change my hunting methods now..thanks ...Art

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was getting a couple gold coins too, but thought it wasn't likely in the river. But come to think of it, stream dredgers have in certain locations brought up coins and gold rings, so just maybe!

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
In my 72 years I have only saw one river in a 100 year flood mode...Could not believe all the stuff flowing by. It took every thing on the banks that was not over 60 feet above the normal water line. ..Including my cabin and boat..Art

MrBalance

May 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I see on the map.

I worked the map from top to bottom.

There are also many signals lower than the ones I marked, but I started feeling very tired in middle of the map.

Will have the lower part after a rest.

river mrMalance.jpg

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Art,
Dowsing revealed...
Green circled areas an attraction to gold.
Thanks for posting your picture,
Jon

River 2dowsed.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread