Please everyone read this

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I am interested in if anyone would use this kind of this I built. It would keep track of all your coins, jewelery, relics, etc. It'd create a profile you can set to either public or private, etc. I did the layout, but if not many people would use it, then I won't build it.

First go to the administrator panel here.
http://www.rodgame.org/projects/detecting/login.html

Use my test login. (Nothing on it works yet, its for looks)
Username: brion
Password: xxxx

Browse around at things. If people do want to use it and I build it, then more options would come for it, and maybe even a domain name just for it.

After your done looking around, go here (very unfinished) this is where you'd look at your profile, find a friends profile, etc.
http://www.rodgame.org/projects/detecting/index.html

Comments? Opinions? would you use it?

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a bad concept. I personally don't keep track of finds with the exception of pictures I take. Others I've seen on here have written logs...with dates found, where, when, etc.

I'm thinking a lot of people would want to also log the dates of their coins...not just the quantity.

I'm a relic hunter but don't hunt civil war relics...just mainly iron junk....lol

Al

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the spreadsheet that I keep, it has the following columns:

Date Location Notes / Other
Wheat
IH
Fatty
2C
War
Buffalo
V
Rosie
Merc
Barber D
Seated D
Bust D
Washington
SLQ
Barber Q
Walker
Peace Dollar
Silver Jewelry
Gold
Foreign
For. AG
Tokens
Total (#)
Silver Face $
Total Silver

And then when I find a new coin for year, I add it to the list. But to keep track of everything for all detectorists, well you would need to create a "Create your own Find" type thing. Where they can add things like... Buttons, 3ringers, 10k rings, 10k earrings, etc. There are thousands of possible entries that people might want to keep statistics on.

Then create things like Weekly Totals, Monthly Totals, Yearly, etc.

OP
OP
relichunters

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Hmm so either have a create your own index for all of them, or have a like 100 entries and you click the boxes that you will use?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread