63 KB · Views: 134

ABruce

Apr 11, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Bring it to an reputable antique gun dealer for evaluation. I can't tell you much from your photos. It appears you have a first generation Colt army single action revolver. Lot's of copies and fakes out there. If real, could be worth thousands.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looks like a Colt .45 long barrel Peacemaker. If first edition in good shape its worth a lot of money.

Chisos

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, It appears to be a first generation Colt SSA or single action army. With the 7 1/2 inch barrel it is the cavalry model. The 5" barrel was the officers model and the 4 3/4" barrel was the civilian model. If original and real it is chambered in .45 Long Colt, but I can't tell looking at your pics. It could be a 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation. The grips appear to have been changed, there should be inspection initials somewhere on it and well, just can't tell. It could easily be a reproduction. There are several brands of those that carry the patent numbers sometimes. In other words, a fake colt. Value ranges from $200 for a copy or fake to $10,000 or so for a 1st gemeration with the very early inspection marks(the guy that inspected it). I suggest you take it to a collector or a Colt dealer and have them take a look. If there is a serial number on it you can contact Colt and they can tell you. For $100 they will tell you when it was made and who it was shipped to. Adios

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread