Please help lift detector ban in Harris County parks--UPDATED!!!

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Everyone,

We have had some parks in Harris County ban metal detector use. We all know this is unjust and not good for many people whose only hobby is metal detecting. We have the same right to use the park, as all the other people who use park areas for their hobbies.

Here is a link for the petition to remove the ban.

Please sign and comment. If you do comment, we don't need to attack their decision or call them names.
Please put in good points about detecting.
Tell your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers to please sign this petition.

Here is the link.

Thank you all very much.

Robbie

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lbhcp4/index.html

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Please help lift detector ban in Harris County parks

Dimeman said:
Everyone,

We have had some parks in Harris County ban metal detector use. We all know this is unjust and not good for many people whose only hobby is metal detecting. We have the same right to use the park, as all the other people who use park areas for their hobbies.

Please sign and comment. If you do comment, we don't need to attack their decision or call them names.
Tell your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers to please sign this petition.

Here is the link.

Thank you all very much.

Robbie

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lbhcp4?e

I do not think you will get many signatures due to the pay to sign requirement.
Best of luck though.

Goodyguy~

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

Goodyguy said:
Dimeman said:
Everyone,

Here is the link.

Thank you all very much.

Robbie

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lbhcp4?e

I do not think you will get many signatures due to the pay to sign requirement.
Best of luck though.

Goodyguy~

You are mistaken , You don't have to pay to sign this petition.

The website asks for donations to help keep their website funded. All webites ask for donations.

We need lots more people to sign !!!! You DO NOT have to "Pay to sign."

One day it might be your park areas closed to detecting.

PLEASE HELP US, GO TO THE WEBSITE AND SIGN !!!! Thank you.

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

One of Houstons small local papers The Leader, has published this open letter to the Precinct 4 Commissioner on this ban.This paper gets delivered to between 20,00-60,000 housholds and has been in publication for over 55 years.
*********I am asking for everyone to send an email to the paper with positive feedback for this letter, letting the paper know that the ban on detecting is wrong and detector users help the park areas, not harm them.

Send to: [email protected]

The Leader letter.jpg

Attachments

• The Leader letter.jpg
    The Leader letter.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 313
OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

Dimeman said:
Hey Detector Users,

Here is the link.

Thank you all very much.

Robbie

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lbhcp4/index.html

Bumping this up so that those who forgot to sign after reading the post will sign and comment. :wink:

Thanks

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

Looks like the county judge and county commissioners have NOW banned metal detectors in ALL HARRIS COUNTY, TEXAS-- COUNTY PARKS as of May 1, 2009.

The petition was started to get parks previously open to detecting in Precinct 4 areas,----re-open after about 4 years of detector use being prohibited.
**** They NOW changed the "Rules", to include all county parks. >:(

Do they have the power to change "Rules" and laws without public hearings, consent or knowledge of the people who elected them to office???? ???

Looks like they have done it in the past and are still doing it now.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Well I hope this doesn't happen in my area and state. Things are just fine the way they are now (we are off-the-radar, & not-thought-of, apparently), so I hope it stays that way, and is never "up for a vote" to begin with :-\

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

Tom_in_CA said:
Well I hope this doesn't happen in my area and state. Things are just fine the way they are now (we are off-the-radar, & not-thought-of, apparently), so I hope it stays that way, and is never "up for a vote" to begin with :-\

As much history as California has, I can't believe that there are no rules against metal detecting anywhere in that state ( besides state/national parks).

You indeed are very lucky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread