Please help me about selecting and buying Minelab SD 2200D or GP4000

mohammadreza

Dec 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
Other
My friends
Hello, I want to buy an original metal detector for treasure hunting. I want to buy a deep detector that it can detect a 30*30 metal in 2-2.5 meter depth.
Please guide me that which is deeper? Minelab SD 2200D or GP4000? Where I can buy an original one? How much is his price? I need to instant help.
I am looking forward to your reply. Warm Regards

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure maybe some one will come along. Please do not hit the banner button every time you make a reply though. Good luck!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a "30*30" metal?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
30cm is roughly 12". 30" is roughly 78 cm

OP
OP
M

mohammadreza

Dec 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
Other
my mean is: A metal square with the length and width of thirty cm. (area is 900 cm2)

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think he is looking for a buried metal box hopefully full of treasure

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You show that you have a Fisher Gemini III. That will do exactly what you want. Why do you need anything else?

Mike

OP
OP
M

mohammadreza

Dec 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
Other
Fisher Gemini 3 is a toy. I do not love it. I have not worked it for 4 years ago. it sound on iron stone and such as it. Gemini 3 can not detect a 1 * 1 meter plate iron in 3 meter depth.
Please guide me

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't buy either of the machines you mentioned. I'd get a 2 box unit such as the one I have......White's TM808. This assumes that the search area doesn't have large pieces of metal near by, other than the target. You already own the Fisher version of a 2 box unit. Something must be wrong with it if it won't detect a large piece of metal at that depth.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
cudamark, at first glance, yes it appears that a 2-box unit like the gemini or tm808 should be quite able to find a 1 ft. square metal object. However, did you see that he wants to find such a thing at 3 meters depth!? That's nearly 10 ft. deep! Another location he says "2 to 3 meters". Ok, well now we're talking 7-ish to 10-ish ft. Either way, no, an object 1 ft. square (which is about hubcap sized) will not be reached at 7 ft. or more, by any 2-box units. Sure, maybe a toaster oven or refrigerator sized object, but no, not a dinner plate or hubcap sized object at such insane depths. I mean, maybe a whisper, but ....... for pete's sakes, THAT'S DEEP, even for a 2-box.

For 2-box units, I'd put the depths at: about 2 to 3 ft. on a soda can. and perhaps 4 to 5 ft. (which is about 1.5 meter) on a hubcap 1ft. square type item. To go beyond 7 ft, (over 2 meters with the OP is claiming to need), would be difficult for a 2-box unit, for an object only a foot around.

mohammadreza, have you tried burying sample objects like soda cans, hubcaps, etc... and trying with your gemeni 3? It's similar to a TM808, and you can see right then and there what it's depth to size ratio capabilities are.

As far as the 2 minelabs you mention, those are nugget machines. While yes, they can go insanely deep, yet cache hunting is not their purpose or design. You will drive yourself insane because those machines will blare off on any little birdshot, staple, straight pin, BB, etc.....

what makes you so sure this treasure, is of necessity "2 to 3 meters deep" anyhow ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
read this

Mohammadreza ,read the post titled "buried gold coins" on the general discussion page of T'net, that's there right now .

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well if you want to focus on treasure hunt and not on nuggets or coins i will recommend you a fisher TW-6 or a fisher Gemini-3 two box detector, why? because this kind a machine will ignore all kind of garbage and single coins, or median size hot rocks, but if you want a mine lab the gp3000 will be great because the country who made it, is Australia and they have very heavy mineralized soils, i will doble check on the model number but im very positive that it is the GP 3000. good luck, and if you have questions on the fisher's just let me know since i have much experience on it

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospexian,

He has a Gemini 3. Doesn't like it. While his target IS on the outside of its range, I have found things smaller than that at 7 to 8 feet (as long as they are laying flat).

Try this one:

Fisher 1270x Metal Detector
(it says 1270x, but is really FX3 magnetometer)

This will not find gold or silver, only iron and steel, but will find it at great depths.

Mike

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospexian, He has a Gemini 3. Doesn't like it. While his target IS on the outside of its range, I have found things smaller than that at 7 to 8 feet (as long as they are laying flat). Try this one: Fisher 1270x Metal Detector (it says 1270x, but is really FX3 magnetometer) This will not find gold or silver, only iron and steel, but will find it at great depths. Mike
well seems to b like he will need a pulse induction machine, with the 3x3 square coil, and there is also a 6x6 coil for some of this pi machines, but i only know how to identify a good metal with the 2 box kind, unfortunately according to experts it wont go any further than 9 to 10 feet on a good soil and a very big target.

OP
OP
M

mohammadreza

Dec 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
Other
My friends thanks for your guidance. Gemini 3 sound on Iron stone. it detector can not find a soda can in 60 cm in air. I tested it in good condition and Operation.
Please guide me about Accurate locators? which detector of this company is better for deep treasure? people went to moon but can not make a machine that it can detect a 30*30 cm metal in 3 meter depth!!!!

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospexian,

He has a Gemini 3. Doesn't like it. While his target IS on the outside of its range, I have found things smaller than that at 7 to 8 feet (as long as they are laying flat).

Try this one:

Fisher 1270x Metal Detector
(it says 1270x, but is really FX3 magnetometer)

This will not find gold or silver, only iron and steel, but will find it at great depths.

Mike
hi mike i own an FX-3 and just list it last night for sale at ebay. i want to get a Schonstedt brand. it is interesting to know that the 1270 is actually a fx-3 hum!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
My friends thanks for your guidance. Gemini 3 sound on Iron stone. it detector can not find a soda can in 60 cm in air. I tested it in good condition and Operation.
Please guide me about Accurate locators? which detector of this company is better for deep treasure? people went to moon but can not make a machine that it can detect a 30*30 cm metal in 3 meter depth!!!!

mohammedreza, what's "iron stone" ?

But as for your assertion that your 2-box gemini 3 won't detect a soda can at 60 cm: Well, 60 cm is about 2 ft. Technically you *should* have been able to get that soda can with a 2-box at 2 ft. At least the TM808 is capable of that, so I'm not sure why your gemini 3 doesn't, unless you've got it set up wrong, aren't using it right, etc.... But let me tell you: "2 ft. (60cm) on a soda can is about the outside range for an object that size using a 2-box. Now if it were tool-box sized item (toaster sized or whatever), then yes, you can go to 3 and 4 ft. (1 or more meters). And if it's refrigerator sized, you can go to 2 and even 3 meters (6 to 10 ft). But no, you will NOT find a machine that can get your supposed 30x30 cm (~1 ft square tool box sized object) at 6 to 10 ft. deep. MAYBE, at best, at 6 ft. deep (~2 meters) if you've got it very finely tuned, and are listening very intently. But no, not to 3 meters deep.

Why is this so hard for you to accept? And did you ever read the "buried gold coins" thread on the general discussion page? There I addressed this whole notion of such "super deeply buried treasures". You have yet to explain to anyone here who's asked: Why do you think this is of necessity that deep? Can't you conceive of how many this is a wild goose chase urban legend that simply doesn't exist? And I've asked you several times what country your'e from, and you fail to answer that too. Phillipines I'm guessing right? Or Mexico? Countries like those (3rd world cultures) are steeped in superstitions that "treasures are everywhere, in every cave, etc...". And naturally, it's never that they aren't there. They're always simply too deep, right? :icon_scratch: But alas, we/I are probably not going to get you to see and realize this. The human mind wants seeeooo hard to find treasure, that any counter-comments to try to cause someone to slow down and think of the reasons it's just supersition, lore, legend, will be met with disbelief. Why? Because no one wants to be "left out". So we subconsciously tend to dismiss anything that explains away the sure-fire treasure story, and it utterly must be there, "if only I had a detector that went 10 ft. deep". :BangHead:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
......and when he finds a detector that WILL go 10' deep and doesn't find the "treasure", he'll then search for a detector that will go 15' deep, instead of rethinking the original story and it's merits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread