Please Help Me on these Stone Markers

welfred

Aug 19, 2003
Hi fellow treasure hunter,

Can you help me by sharing your opinion and advice on these set of pictures which I believe are rock markers of importance treasure?

I took these photos here in the Philippines in a place believed to be Japanese Detachment camp during the Second World War II (1938-44). Sorry, but I can?t give you the location for security reason.?

Picture #1 ? A sketch of the rock formation.

Is there any significant meaning in these 5 rocks arrangement or formation? It seems far from what treasure hunters called a ?Turtle? or ?Crocodile?.

The rocks in the drawing were drawn proportionately to their size currently out-cropping from the soil. However, rock #1 which we already have work-out is almost round or oblong in shape and is approximately 3 feet (1 yard) in diameter. The rock seems to form a line which is just about 5 degrees south of the magnetic North-South line. Rock #1 is located at the lowest or at the foot of a 45 degrees slope while rock # 5 the largest is located the highest on the? same slope about 18 to 20 feet farther north. Rocks #3 & #4 are of manageable size, meaning it can be move manually.

Picture #2 ? Marker? (engraved on rock #1 above).

Is this a man-made rock marker? What does it mean? Is it an ?X?, ?Y?, or ?A?? What does a semi-circle and or a ?C? with an intersecting slash mean? Is it probable that a treasure is inside this rock? Do Japanese draw/engrave rock markers in scale? What unit of distance measurement do they use? By the way, the length of the segment from its intersection with the semi-circle up to the center of what seems to be an ?X? is about 16.5cm or 6.5 inches.? ?

This figure is engraved at the east? side of rock #1, with its longest line (line intersecting the semi-circle) seem to be align with the north-south line form by the five rocks above.?

At first, I thought this was an ?X? mark, meaning the treasure is underneath. To our dismay, we discovered it is already a bed-rock just a few feet below and which seems to be undisturbed from there. However we have found two dozen old and rusted Japanese rifle bullets file-up underneath it (Please see picture #3).? During rainy season, whitish/or dirty white water flow out naturally from underneath this rock for one up to two days after a heavy rainfall. During our digging we have discovered that two feet west of this rock at 2 feet level, a layer of? 5 to 10 inches thick seems was intentionally made porous by mixing gravels, stones, and a muddy and grayish white mixture which is like a cement but not hard. Most of the stone/gravels (1/2 to 10 Kilos each) has sandstone grains and are black, sharps and flat and are seemed to have came from bigger rocks which have been broken to smaller pieces. We are now going thru this layer.? ?

Picture #3 ? What?s up in hiding these Rifle Bullets underneath a very heavy rock?? Do they mean a trap of some kind or just telling a treasure is near!

Picture #4 ? Rock #4, another? ?X??, double ?X??, an H?, an N?? What can you read from them? The two short bar are for sure were man-made. I don?t know if you will agree with me, but that there seems to be a very weathered sun with rays!

Hope to hear your opinion and advices folks!

Good day and happy treasure hunting to all of you.

Welfred

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Strange...

Hey, I don't know, but your last picture is weird.? I was zooming in on it to get a better view of the markings, and something weird came up.? Keep zooming in on the center-right of the rock....You will begin to see letters (backwards) appear in color.? Is this just me with an over-active imagination?? Or is anyone else able to see this? On picture 4, sorry!

~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
No, you're not seeing things (unless we are sharing the ame dillusion!). My guess is that it is a scanned picture and you are seeing the photo paper's watermark or the label on the back scanned through. Or it could be Buckram's alien army trying to control our minds through subliminal messages. Funny, I now have the urge to worship an eggplant. Hmmm....... ;D

OP
OP
W

welfred

Aug 19, 2003
SearchingTudor and KevFl

Yes you're right, there's that shadowy letters on that picture#4, about 2 to 3 inches above that "x". However, KevFl guess migth also be right. I've just scanned these images from the 3R hardcopy prints since I don't have a digital camera. Although those letters doesn't appear on the print copy neither in the negatives. Maybe that scanner at the public internet cafe might have some printed letter left on its surface. Also, there are visible printed watermarks at the back of the hard copy, but they are not on the same location as that on the digital image and it seems that they have not been scanned through.

Thanks to both of you for that observation.

K

KAA

My father in law was a Filippino Rebel in WW2 (for Marcos & Americans.) I thought he may know what you have there, so I emailed your pictures to P.I. (to the daughter he lives with.)

Today is Nov. 15 and I hope to hear back before Nov. 20th.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Hi Welfred
Well first off you need to establish if these stones are natural or man made. There is a? possibility that they are cement. This would make sense if this was part of an old Japanese fortification. If these are the remains of a Japanese fortification the alignment of the stones may be irreverent.This supports your earlier cement observations and would explain`why you are seeing Japanese shells below one such stone. In my job I have to distinguish cement fragments from regular rock fragments. Under a microscope cement exhibits scattered black fragments in it's matrix. A drop of phenothaline in a sample of cement will turn the solution red- A quick test for cement.

With regards to the markings- I would enter the opinion that for the large stone they are natural fractures. Look carefully at these fractures. The one which is horizontal actually extends from the SW portion of the rock. The vertical one also extends further down the rock. They do not extend in a straight line but are actually sinuous.
Perhaps you are making too much of the evidence. However, it would be interesting to run a 2 box detector over the site.

George

K

KAA

A reply from P.I. see my previous post,

The reply I got from my father in law is hard to understand, my Tagalog is not all that great and his English is a little rough. So..... proceed with caution.

It seems you may have found an old WW2 Philipipino guerrella gathering point or temporary camp. His group operated between Legaspi and Bora Boran.

What gave it away was the Japanese Bullets under rock.

Let me see if I can explain in a coherent manner, since I dont understand either.

On certain occassions the Priest would bring "Santa Nino~" to bless the Filippinos fighting the Japanese. When the Saint came to visit she was put on a "special"? a rock in camp. She and the preist stayed for 3 days and 3 nights. The rebels would make offerings at her feet... prayer candles, food coins, things like that. Under the rock they would bury things like Japanese bullets and other Japanese military stuff so that the Saint would give them the strength to crush the Japanese just as the Saint sitting on the rock would crush whatever was under her.

The markings could many any number of things.

I basically have no idea what I am talking about... but that is what an old timer had to say about what you found. ;)

takara13103

Greenie
Nov 4, 2004
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
? ? ? Congratulations, you have a positive site! Just a bit of advice -? you have to be prepared financially if ever you intend to start digging seriously. Try reading "Open Cut Treasure Site" on this forum. Also better find a sign, symbol and Japanese character reader in your area to guide you properly and always available when needed. Happy hunting and as they said " May you find all that you seek".

Hank

Oct 25, 2004
Charlotte,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, BH, Tesoro, et al
Where is JACKO when he's needed?? ?I'm sure he will see the map to Yamashitas' gold.

OP
OP
W

welfred

Aug 19, 2003
One silent brother in Christ and reader of this forum had personally e-mailed and congratulated me, telling it?s a positive site, the ?Y? meaning a tunnel and whose entrance might be located just to the right of the posted picture. To Brod Brian Kelly and Takara13103, thanks, I needed that.? Now I am convinced that an entrance to a tunnel is somewhere in the area. By the way, on the other side of this hill, about 1.5 or 2 kilometers away, road constructors have discovered a tunnel ten years ago. If this will turnout right, this might be a part of a tunnel network in this area. Something of value is hidden in this end, because many earnest and conscientious activity intended to hide the entrance are evident.

One question, specially to those who have the experience in analyzing Japanese stone markers for hidden treasure and has the working experience here in the Philippines: Do Japanese sometime intentionally invert the actual North-South line in their drawing or markers? I asked this question because if you turn 180 degrees the supposedly ?Y? in Picture#2, the? semi-circle at the base of? the ?Y? would then be at the north. At this position, the semi-circle would then be the largest rock in Picture#1, the line intersecting it would then be the land slope, and the other leg of the said ?Y? would then be pointing down vertically to might be? the target.? ?The scale of? ?1inch to 1foot? would be very meaningful? if applied to the engraved ?Y? at this position.? ?Also, the two short horizontal bars in Picture#4 might then mean 10 feet or 10 yards below, I hope it will be just in feet. Rock no. 2 in Picture#1 might have been place there intentionally to prevent the soil from sliding down and exposing the target.

Your suggestions and opinion will still be appreciated especially on Japanese stone markers and symbols.

My e-mail address is:
[email protected]

I will keep you posted regarding this undertaking. God Blesss Us.

Welfred

R

robertleeph

Your marked stones looks very clear to me - it might be very unclear to untrained eyes. As to your question regarding sign invertion, the answer is NO unless those marked stones were intentionally inverted by persons to confuse other treasure hunters like yourself. Check it out, common sense will tell you if those stones had been touched by unscrupulous people. I agree with takara13103 though.

OP
OP
W

welfred

Aug 19, 2003
Its okay Gboy. I admit this is my one and only site at the moment, and the supposedly markers are not readily apparent to the eye especially to someone just seeing just a very limited evidence as in this forum. I?ve many good reasons to proceed. Signs and symbols are really meant that way, unclear to stranger but really mean something to its engraver or to someone who have a trained eyes. Posting them here, I hope someday, someone will read them and know what they meant and maybe would help make my task easier. Anyway thanks.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I was just wondering how you came across this site? Had you already heard about it and went looking for it, or did you just stumble upon it while hiking on vacation.
Just curious.

OP
OP
W

welfred

Aug 19, 2003
David,

Like you, I do believe in research and hard work, but for this case, I don?t know if you will believe me, however my faith suggest that Great Someone had put this site right on my path or right under my nose. For the moment to make things short, we could say your second option is near: ?just stumble on it?. Will tell the whole story when this is done.

S

spindle9

Hi to all fellow treasure hunters,

Got some pictures of suspected signs or markers near a river somewhere here in the P.I.
Guess this is a sign for something valuable just like the case of welfred.
Perhaps we could share information with regards to code breaking of this signs.
Interpretations are very much appreciated.
See the attached pictures for your reference, you might encounter the same markers in the future and that it may also serve some basis for you.
hope to hear from? you fellows soon,

Regards,

spindle9

Attachments

• eagle001.jpg
    eagle001.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,571
OP
OP
W

welfred

Aug 19, 2003
Hi Butz,

Still working with it, I am confident we will find something of value in here, however it is very difficult to dig this time of the year, it is rainy season.

Anybody out there know what is the possible meaning of inverted "C" or "J" with an overlapping slash "/" (see a cutout from my picture above)?

Welfred

Attachments

• two_a.jpg
    two_a.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,599

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread