Please if you can help me figure this one out !!

money mike

Greenie
May 20, 2018
clarksville,indiana
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800, garrett at pro, max, 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to start this by saying IM VERY SORRY about the lack of intel I took a couple videos of this in a small bowl of water when I was cleaning it. They are the only ones I got before setting it on a paper towel to dry and before I couold get back to it the next day my wife throws it away and before i notice its gone the friggin garbage truck has ran and the garbage is no longer available to go threw so Im very mad to say the least but if anybody could tell me if Im mad for no reason I would apreciate it hahaa:unhappysmiley:: In the picture here I couldnt get it to clean up so I stuck it in some peroxide and all this red stuff starts shooting out of the 40 plus micro holes on this thing. At first we thought it maybe an arrow head but it has a metal report to it. My garret carrot pin pointer doesnt go off unless i rub it on it but nonetheless it does report as metal and thats how I found it with the garret at max. Again very sorry for the crap pictures. The object of debate is aprox 2and1/2" in length and is light weight and very hard. One side is brownish and ruff with tiny holes and the other side is smooth and very hard almost like the feel of glass. I unearthed this thing in in my neighbors field in clarksville,indiana I live less than a qtr mile from the Ohio river so the area was probly underwater not long ago maybe a few hundred years or so. Please guys before your too hard on me understand if your a treasure hunter like me it drives you crazy to find something amazing and not know what it is. The not knowing what it is is worse than never having found anything at all. To unearth an amazing find and never figure out what it is will drive you nutts. Thank you for any and all help on this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_1341.PNG
    IMG_1341.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1360.PNG
    IMG_1360.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1348.PNG
    IMG_1348.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1363.PNG
    IMG_1363.PNG
    912.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1342.PNG
    IMG_1342.PNG
    998.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1351.PNG
    IMG_1351.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1345.PNG
    IMG_1345.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1356.PNG
    IMG_1356.PNG
    888 KB · Views: 70

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Kind of looks like aluminum slag, but the resolution on my computer is so messed up that it could be wood for all I know.
Hope someone can see it better than I and give you an ID.

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're going to unearth all sorts of amazing finds that will never be identified, if you're in the hobby for any length of time. Don't be too hard on her. At least you have a woman that cleans. :icon_thumright: Nowadays, that's a good thing. Now go apologize to her! Your find is nothing to worry about, your woman on the other hand is. I think you should cook dinner tonight as well. :laughing7: Seriously though, don't sweat it. Your next unknown object will soon replace the devastating loss of this one. lol.

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to go with slag also. Purer metals wouldn't have the same reaction.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
money mike

money mike

Greenie
May 20, 2018
clarksville,indiana
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800, garrett at pro, max, 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s possible that it could be aluminum slag. I think it lacks a lot of the characteristics but I can definitely see where it could be that. Thank you guys for the help I really appreciate you and I will be posting some more crazy stuff soon I hope. Diggummup I like the suaveness up there Rico. I stay tender to my Kylie there is no reason to apologize I never told her I was upset about her throwing it away. I appreciate her beauty more everyday and would never risk hurting her feeling over a rock or anything else for that matter. Love is harder to find than any piece of metal. She’s the real treasure and I no longer have to look for it. Thanks guys god bless and happy hunting !

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread