"Please pack carefully"

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this message along with a PayPal payment earlier today. "Please pack carefully."

I sold a friggin' military MOLLE patrol backpack. How do you not pack a backup carefully? Am I supposed to bubble wrap a backpack? :icon_scratch:

I think the only way to not pack a backpack carefully is if you just taped the shipping label directly to the backpack. Weird.

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
When I was new on ebay I sold at auction, for half of what I paid for it, a boxed train set. The buyer sent me detailed instructions such as:
1. Now wrap each separate car and the engine in paper, then in at least one layer of bubble wrap.
2. Use cardboard to separate each individual wrapped piece in the box.
3. Wrap the box, but do not tape it closed, in bubble wrap and place it in another larger box.
4. Use packing peanuts to surround the smaller box within the larger box.
5. Mark "Fragile" on all surfaces of the shipping box.
6. Place the shipping label on the "up" side of the box.
7. Advise me by email of each intermediate destination in the shipping process.

All of this for a $39.00 dollar purchase. Being a newbie and an idiot, I didn't want to offend anyone and get a negative feedback, so I followed his instructions, even thought the weight skyrocketed and I had to eat the additional shipping cost.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had me laughing until I realized you followed the instructions. I think some people just include that with everything.

When I was new on ebay I sold at auction, for half of what I paid for it, a boxed train set. The buyer sent me detailed instructions such as:
1. Now wrap each separate car and the engine in paper, then in at least one layer of bubble wrap.
2. Use cardboard to separate each individual wrapped piece in the box.
3. Wrap the box, but do not tape it closed, in bubble wrap and place it in another larger box.
4. Use packing peanuts to surround the smaller box within the larger box.
5. Mark "Fragile" on all surfaces of the shipping box.
6. Place the shipping label on the "up" side of the box.
7. Advise me by email of each intermediate destination in the shipping process.

All of this for a $39.00 dollar purchase. Being a newbie and an idiot, I didn't want to offend anyone and get a negative feedback, so I followed his instructions, even thought the weight skyrocketed and I had to eat the additional shipping cost.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions