My listing. Shipping to USA only then this. What to do???

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I listed an item and stated shipping to USA only, then went to send invoice and got this. Its all packed in a flat rate box for shipping inside the US. I don't do or know how to do global shipping or calculate price and I don't want to deal with it.

Attachments

• 20140616_214930.jpeg
    20140616_214930.jpeg
    451.6 KB · Views: 92

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their (Ebays ) policies & requirements are way out of hand ..This is why I wont ship out of the US............ Period...

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Their (Ebays ) policies & requirements are way out of hand ..This is why I wont ship out of the US............ Period...
Yup I just got off phone with ebay. I am stuck with the sale and I will ship to there US global shipping address and they will unpack item inspect it and then ship over seas. Great, hope all goes well.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Yup I just got off phone with ebay. I am stuck with the sale and I will ship to there US global shipping address and they will unpack item inspect it and then ship over seas. Great, hope all goes well.

Gsp has worked pretty well so far. Just ship it off ...easy peasy.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had about 6 of these sales so far, no problem yet. Makes international selling easy.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to opt out by doing this- from your my ebay page go to - account - site preferences - under "selling preferences" go to shipping preferences (click show) - Offer the Global Shipping Program - click "edit" on the right hand side, change the yes to a no. Gotta wait 24 hours for it to take effect any sales until then you gotta send to Ky.. It's a rip off for the customer really. The end up paying more money using this service. Many of them don't realize it. It's a third party shipping service. Pitney-Bowes are the ones making the money, about 15-30% more than they would be paying using standard postal methods.

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
- Offer the Global Shipping Program - click "edit" on the right hand side, change the yes to a no.
just as i thought, I was signed up (by ebay) to do this. I have now opted out. fortunately no out of country buyer has ever bought anything. I have heard horror stories about this program, especially mentioning Pitney-Bowes. (opening packages and repacking very badly where things break)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread