OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I should be un-PO'd by tomorrow.

After a few of the things I've said in this thread, it is unlikely it will survive past tomorrow.

I never knew what hit me. I just woke up in a very deep fog. Maybe not a baseball bat, but I don't remember a lot past that pop to my head. I did not go anywhere looking for trouble. I just woke up hurting pretty badly hoping no one else was hurting.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go checked out by a doctor. Please.

Quick story. I had a skin abrasion somewhere I couldn't get a good look it. So went to the doctor, and they "accidentally" found something that should not be there. Now, it's getting removed soon, should be no problem, but if it would have not been found, some years from now could conceivably cause a dirt nap. Get checked out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You absolutely need to have a doc check you out. Whether you fell, were hit, passed out or had a seizure, anytime you don't remember what happened to you you need a thorough medical exam.

Thanks Susan, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Last edited:

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
A few weeks ago my 7yr old and I were detecting on a small beach in a l9cal park, he was going way faster than I was, he was about 30 yards ahead and I was bent down digging when I noticed a young out of place guy wearing sneakers walking fast towards my boy, I quickly got up and started towards him. I knew something was about to happen and started running up behind the guy just feet from my boy, he realized I was there and took off running. My boy never even seen him till he whizzed passed. We live in a small safe town, but you never know what can happen. I'm glad you are able to remind everyone to keep one eye or early open.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Where's Mom at? She's Okay, yes?

Were you at home?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Where's Mom at? She's Okay, yes?
Were you at home?

Hey Larry, I guess you know I'm pretty PO'd about this. I've a bruised face, a great big gash on my cheek and a serious desire to say hello to someone. That was the very first time I'd ever been KO'd.

Bingo, got some hate here :) I think you understand :)

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i may have stumbled on something i know nothing about,i just hope you are ok.when you get violent it is a sign of a brain injury.go to the doctor.

mooncusser

Sep 1, 2016
salisbury maryland
Detector(s) used
garret a/t pro whites v3i whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
sorry brother thats terrible but a good time to inform others. i carry a large can of bear mace on my belt loop , i purchased at gander mountain . some of the areas we find ourselves can be unsafe or remote . i also have the ULTRA rare maryland carry permit. be diligent be safe .

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey Larry, I guess you know I'm pretty PO'd about this. I've a bruised face, a great big gash on my cheek and a serious desire to say hello to someone. That was the very first time I'd ever been KO'd.

Bingo, got some hate here :) I think you understand :)

Deep, do you think you know who did this to you? Were you hunting WITH someone else?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No No No Jamey.

Don't worry about any thing. It will come to Nothing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Deep, do you think you know who did this to you? Were you hunting WITH someone else?

Hey old friend. I really do not know. I've just tried to guide it away from a friend or two, I know they didn't do this to me.

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Susan, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'm not backing off this. I may or may not be banned. That doesn't matter to me whatsoever. Somebody put a hit on me! Most likely a member here.

Sorry but it makes no sense. Someone trying to beat you up would have done more damage. If it was another detectorist they for sure would have taken your stuff.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kind of makes me think what came first the chicken or the egg? Since I can't see what you look like, it is conceivably possible you collapsed from some sort of vascular event or some such thing, and then hit your head on what you fell on. I doubt it, but... Get checked out. My medical license won't get here till tomorrow. I'll pray for you.

Tend to agree, any random criminal knocking someone out surely would have swiped the detector and checked pockets for $$.
If it wasn't a random criminal and someone did it out of spite for whatever reason, all the more reason to take the high tech gadget. But who knows, could be they knocked you out then got spooked by something and ran ,,, But, no one came to help you, called the police, nothing.

I'm guessing this was in an area with no chance of surveillance cams ? Very strange, sorry it happened.

I grew up a fighter starting from grade school and continued well into adulthood, probably 100's of fights/altercations. Many in my teens fueled by drugs/alcohol, used to even fight trees and stop signs [lost all of those inanimate object encounters] Only been knocked out clean twice, many, many concussions. I once took such a shot to the head that my vision turned sideways and there was a line of pure, bright electricity down the middle. Hobbled home and went straight to bed, worse thing I could have done, don't see how I didn't die. Woke up hours later choking on vomit, my mom heard me and rushed me to the hospital where I was diagnosed with a severe concussion.

You are lucky you didn't swallow your tongue and die, almost happened to me when I was knocked out, someone [assistant principal] stuck a comb down my throat and saved me, or so I was told.
A few years later I knocked out a guy in a fight, he started going into convulsions and I knew what to do - Stuck a comb down his throat, didn't like the guy obviously but I didn't want to kill him.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow Roger I am glad to see you alert and posting after such a violent incident. I really hope your are wrong with your assessment of the situation. Were you hunting is an area free from big rocks? Were you hunting in a seedier area? If all soil around I would tend to agree that you were hit, but if the area has rocks I might tend to believe you, for some reason, lost consciousness and landed on a rock. Either way I am glad to hear you have an appointment to get checked out. Let us know what the doctor says. If you do not want to post it I understand, but I would like a PM concerning the diagnosis.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe everything you said happened to you, and could? it have been one of these "KnockOut" games? There are idiots running around loose without there leash. You have made all of us again aware of solo detecting, I always try to keep aware of what or who is around where I'm detecting, and try not to become to complacent. At times we need to remember that just because we mean no harm to anyone else, there ARE others that have no such moral code, they either don't care, or are to stupid to know better. I am Truly sorry that had happened to you, and yes, buy now I hope you have been checked out, that was a serious knock to the head. I think all of us here, or rather know that all of us here are on your side Deep, and want you to recover well. It is a sad thing to say, but it again it makes us all aware to BeAware of what is around us, be it four or two legged animals.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like the knockout game was played on you. The kids (sometimes adults) sucker-punch a victim in an attempt to score a one punch KO while someone else videos the assault. Mostly women and elderly are chosen as unwilling participants in this stupidity, but I've seen video of all ages getting knocked out.

I'd like to catch someone doing this game in public. Seriously would enjoy venting on something other than a heavybag.

I personally had 3 different confrontations detecting in 2016. One was a mother with pre-school daughter about to get beaten by one male teen while surrounded by 20 others and I had to speak up. The cops pulled into the parkinglot just at the moment I was surrounded and in the act of pulling a combat knife and dropping my bag. BOOM, they were gone like cockroaches in the light. 10 more seconds and my life would have changed forever.

I hope you fully recover. Keep your head on a swivel and hunt by tone. Stay safe...getting dangerous out here.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The knock-out game is known about here in St. Louis and has resulted in death to the victims. One victim was an elderly Asian man out walking with his wife. Those who insist that robbery is the motive are quite wrong. Victims of this horrendous act are never robbed. They are sucker-punched by one person, usually in a group.
On a lighter note, maybe go back to the spot, (with backup of course) and look for a chunk of bloody meteorite :-)

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must tell you i was hit in the head by a drunk with a shotgun all because the way i looked at him. I was able to drive to friends house and his mother took care of me. They were in the middle of a birthday party and she took me to the hospital. I to passed out with a cracked skull . Her son was there with other police buddies. To make the story short 15 police officers went to this guys house and he pointed the shotgun at them. Well that was the end of him. I recovered hoping you will also.

i

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread