PLEASE READ & PLEASE RESPOND , FOR YOU NOT ME

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: PLEASE & PLEASE RESPOND

It would be the one I could afford after doing tons of reasearch here at the site, on-line, and after reading a zillion testimonials. All this based on the type of targets you want to dig versus the areas you have access to depending on where you live.

This question gets asked here 30 times a week... there are lots of replies and responses to help someone out.

Everyone who will respond to this with a specific reply has perfect reasons for using what they use.

(The above was written before you added the part about not looking for your own suggestions... Sorry! :))

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: PLEASE & PLEASE RESPOND

I HAVE 13 DETECTORS AND HAVE USED THEM ALL BUT LIKE MY WHITES XLT THE MOST.
HOWEVER IT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR HUNTING.
I CAN TELL YOU WHAT NOT TO BUY
MPX,
AND USE TC TO BUY FROM.
UNLESS YOUR GOING USED.
TOP BRANDS TO LOOK FOR

WHITES
FISHER
TESORO
MINELAB
AND NOT NESSESARALY IN THAT ORDER.
I DO KNOW THAT TESORO OFFERS THE BEST WARRENTY LIFE TIME
BUT WHITES WILL FIX IT EVEN IF THE WARRENTY IS OVER AND IN MNOST CASES WONT CHARGE YOU

IF YOU JUST WANT A LESSER COST MACHINE ITS SIMPLE.

DISCOVERY 3300 I LOVE THIS ONE
ACE 250 NOTHING BUT GOOD TO HERE ON IT.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: PLEASE READ & PLEASE RESPOND , FOR YOU NOT ME

THIRTEEN (13) DETECTORS!!!??? Man! Wow! I'm doing good to have my little Ace 250!

thirteen??? Flabbergasted. -Noodle

kydave

Oct 7, 2006

Got 7 but like the DFX for all around hunting.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

I'd like a Garrett two box. Already got my coinshooter (CZ) and my nugget hunter (GM2 VSat).

Or maybe I'd settle for a water machine..... :D

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It would be a DFX. Now if I lived near the beach my choice might be different.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The White's 5900 Di because it is really, really good at finding pull tabs! :-\

I would like to upgrade to a 5900 Di Pro or 6000 Di Pro (the black boxes).
While they are considered "old" technology, their age puts them within my financial reach ( I can't imagine affording over $1000.00 for a metal detector). However, they have a very solid reputation built over time. I have dealt with the White's company in the past and have developed a strong brand loyalty with them as well.
Also, since I can't afford several different units for different kinds of hunting, I feel the 5900/6000 Di's do quite well as "universal" boxes.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2

Would have been a Red Heat XD17 Micro (Simple, deep, light, good trash rejection, and not expensive), but since Vic passed away it´s now the GoldMaxx Power, for all the above reasons, plus faster recovery for my rubbish area´s (Although more expensive than the Red Heat). Plus it has the cordless headphones which are a dream to use.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

"The Binford 5100"

Is that with or without the upgraded supercharge? LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
---Mel

borninok

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Homesteads, logging or mining camps - Tesoro Eldorado with a variety of coils. Parks, playgrounds etc. for coins etc. and other areas where I like a TID machine, have been using Whites MXT with a variety of coils. Competiton hunts - Tesoro Siver Sabre umax with 8" coil. Prospecting - the MXT in prospecting mode. There's obviously some overlapping here, but these are my personal preferences. Two or more detectors? My theory is if it's worth having one of, two or more is better. LOL
HH
Bill

superfly

Jan 2, 2008

Felinepeachy said:
The Binford 5100. LOL :o
ive always preferred to go cheap and long. bounty hunter is putting some seriously good machines on the market nowadays. i dont have any desire to dig an iron pipe 3 ft. in the ground. i own 5 machines,2 of which are high dollar machines that have pretty much been collecting dust the last couple of years. what does that tell you? bounty hunter is the way to go.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

a dog to sniff out money stashed away
doublenosedandeantigerhev2.jpg

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would like a tesoro( cause of their warranty and lightweight too) most likely a silver umax.... and of course a water machine..that ones a tough one on which I want..I want easy to use, and can get it all wet..mind you I wont go diving or deep.. just am not the most graceful person near water.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000

It would have to be a Minelab Excalploraterra II/70. Okay, okay, I made that up :D. Seriously though, that is what I would have to have if I had to ONLY have one. Only the Excalibur lets me get in the ocean without destroying the machine and it wouldn't suit me for a land hunt. The Explorer II is my pick for land hunting but it's heavy. The Xterra 70 gives my arm a break from swinging the EXII. By the way, none of them gather any dust, all of them are used regularly.

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Right now I own a Bounty Hunter Lonestar and it has served me well in the dirt and the NJ beach. But, if I had more time to devote to detecting and no limit on spending............... a White's or a Minelab.

HH
Mikesand

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

well for several reasons -- I use and like the ace 250 --its light in weight (thus longer less tiring hunts) --important for health issues to me --easy to use but not a toy --- its a good lil machine for the money spent vs the quality of machine in return for the money -- it matches up well to my local conditions and areas that I hunt alot -- and its very affordible too boot. if my health was better and money no object sure there are bigger better more costly 1000 dollar machines out there that will do better( but honestly for 5 times the price I would expect them to) but for me and what I personally do these days -- I 'm very happy with my ace 250. ---- Ivan

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WV Hillbilly said:
I wasn't looking for suggestions for me , I wanted to know which one YOU
would buy & why . Thanks
try the local paper