Please read & sign the petition for Tennessee prospecting permit

ratttn

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2013
Tennessee
There is a petition concerning our 2104-5 Tennessee Recreational prospecting Permit at this link:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/citizens-against-the-proposed-general-permit-for-2

This is a on-line petition web site. It was posted there by one of our members.
We need everyone to read and sign it ASAP. Do not sign it here. You must sign it on the ipetitions web site.
Just fill in your name, and email address and click on SIGN. You may also join the site, but it is not required. If you want to get involved, signing this petition is a great way to show your support.

Please sign and pass it on far and wide!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Signed and commented!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
signed & thread Stickied to top of page

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Signed and comments left!

Thanks for posting this and I sure hope that all our mining and prospecting brothers and sisters will sign the petition! If the 2014 Recreational Prospecting Permit is allowed to pass as currently proposed (as of Apr. 2014), it will deny everyone (residents and non-residents) the Right to Prospect for Gold and for other Minerals...Metals and even Gems in East Tennessee, will severely effect Tourism and the Commerce from such and leave a bad taste in the mouths of prospective Tourists and the like.

Frank

Kruzman

May 23, 2013
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The new rules make it dangerous to prospect with your kids as your supposed to be spread apart by several hundred feet. like I'm going to tell my 8 year old to set his sluice up in the middle of the river 200ft away where I cant haul him out if he slips. the number of things that can go fatally wrong in this is ridiculously long...

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to remind my fellow Tennessee Treasure Net members that the Open House Information Session starts at 4:00 PM today and the Presentation & Public Hearing starts at 6:00 PM today on this proposed Ban in Knoxville. These will be held at Environmental Field Office, 3711 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville, TN 37921... Unless something comes up out of my control, I plan on being there and hope to see many of my fellow Tennessee Gold Prospectors.

4:00 p.m. EDT Open House Information Session
6:00 p.m. EDT Presentation & Public Hearing (primary hearing location)

Frank

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Just to give you all an update on the Public Hearing, I offer the following without getting in depth with what was in and discussed concerning the new Gold Prospecting Permit proposal. The Public Hearing was my first ever and I believe that most attendees will agree that it was very beneficial to both sides! I believe most of us were there looking for a fight but when the folks with TDEC (Tennessee Department of Environmental Control) and others presented their information and they admitted that the new proposed Gold Prospecting Rules, Permit System for Class 2 Gold Prospecting (i.e. using motorized equipment such a dredges, highbankers, highbanker/dredges, trommels, etc.) and fees were hurriedly put together and were flawed, then the mood in the room really changed. We and they as well, pointed out the many discrepancies, disparities and misconceptions to the above in bold and all parties came away with the understanding that they need to be changed and/or modified. The biggest concern was the $500 fee for the first year for those who fall under Class 2 Gold Prospecting (Class 1 Gold Prospecting which only uses panning and manual sluices, no permit is required) and $350 for each following year, definitely needed to be changed and the price lowered. They (the TDEC and other Officials) seemed genuine in their understanding that the fees need to be lowered to a price fee that is more realistic for what we do and what little Gold we actually get and at the same time, if left intact as is, the fees will not only destroy Recreational Gold prospecting in the State (where Gold has historically been mined and prospected for since long before the California Gold Strike) but also destroy the commerce and revenues that are generated by it! It seems that they hurriedly proposed this permit fee for anyone using motorized equipment on creeks, streams or rivers such as construction, excavation, logging, etc, etc. without understanding the differences between the aforementioned activities and recreational Gold prospecting. We made a lot of objections to provisions in the proposed permit and a lot of proposals of change at the hearing and we also have until May 27th to submit additional objections and proposals of change to TDEC. I sure hope that the testimonies, objections and proposals are taken seriously and the proposed new Gold Prospecting Rules and Permitting is changed to something that we all can abide and live by! If not, myself and I am sure that many others will be doing all of our Gold prospecting in North Carolina, Georgia and elsewhere and that Tennessee will suffer because of it.

Frank

Last edited:

sliverofsilver

Apr 23, 2011
howell , nj
Detector(s) used
eyes, whites classic SL ,Bounty Hunter Tracker I-D/505 ,
Discovery 1100, eyes,hatchet,shovel,scoop,for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
signed
welcome to TN bee gee
HH

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to the forum, beegee - what state are you from btw ?

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
728 have signed
I predict that the Bear River campground here in California will be the first of many to be shut down to panning or digging in the gravel, because it is listed as impaired
unless of course the people get up off there backside and stand against this tyranny

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi rattin; Gladly. As you may now I am heavily involved in the Repeal of a Ban on MA detecting Law. You will find it in the Blue ection of the General Discussions Forum. I'll glad to help any way I can ok. just PM me and I respond fast. Usually after 7:00pm ok. Thanks for your hard work. Happy Hunting. PEACE:RONB :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions