Please read & sign the petition for Tennessee prospecting permit

ratttn

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2013
Tennessee
There is a petition concerning our 2104-5 Tennessee Recreational prospecting Permit at this link:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/citizens-against-the-proposed-general-permit-for-2

This is a on-line petition web site. It was posted there by one of our members.
We need everyone to read and sign it ASAP. Do not sign it here. You must sign it on the ipetitions web site.
Just fill in your name, and email address and click on SIGN. You may also join the site, but it is not required. If you want to get involved, signing this petition is a great way to show your support.

Please sign and pass it on far and wide!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, here it is June 30th, 2014 and although the Public input phase has long been expired and the proposed Date of the New Permitting for Recreational Prospecting and other Water use, has come and gone and I can find nothing but old information about this on TDEC's website The official State of Tennessee's Department of Environment &amp Conservation website whatsoever. If anyone has received any information or heard anything, can you please let us know. I am hoping to get down to Southeast Tennessee to do some prospecting and need to know where this stands, so that I won't be in violation of any new rules and/or regulations.

Frank

Bills01

Sep 3, 2014
Canton,GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and Whites Spectrum Eagle and Minelab Excaliber 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, I just joined today(9/3/2014) and would like to know how this turned out.

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure why this thread is still "stickied" to the top of this forum, as it's kind of old news. From what I could find out, this so-called "prospecting permit" ended up passing in Tennessee and is summed up here by their state government. It's too bad they keep cracking down on the hobbyist miners all of the time on our public lands. I think the prospectors in this country need to have their own "Bundy Ranch" type of standoff before the government will take any proud, self-proclaimed miner seriously. The only reason the government keeps passing more and more laws each year is for politicians to justify their positions, if they don't get new laws passed it's akin to them "doing nothing", nevertheless think of all of the money that circulates from corporations, to lobbyists, to politicians - if you don't have a conscious, it's an easy way to make a lot of money! The only way any ground will ever be gained is to limit the federal government as called for in the Constitution and to dissolve the out-of-control laws, bureaus, agencies, and departments and that have been created over many generations by those using their political positions for personal gain in a corrupt and greedy fashion.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Un-Stickied :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread