NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
The Plymouth Michigan International Ice sculpture show started today, and my wife wanted to go :'(. Baby, it was cold out there ;D. The wind was whippin' 25 to 30mph out of the North- northwest. And I had to take my gloves off to take these pics. They felt like they wasn't there......Brrrrrr. Since we were there way to early, not all the sculpteurs were there yet. If we would have waited til it got dark then the ice figures would have been backlit with colored lights, so I tried my best trying to tint them a bit, this is the best I could do. The SPRING one actually does say, Think on the block of ice to the left of the word SPRING, but it was not very photogenic in the daylight. So I added it. The guy from channel 4, is a weatherman for that station, His name is Chuck Gadica. Enjoy..........NGE

Attachments

• Chuck Gadica local news weatherman.jpg
    Chuck Gadica local news weatherman.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 165
  • elk bear and pine tree.jpg
    elk bear and pine tree.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 174
  • ice eagle.jpg
    ice eagle.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 186
  • snow mobile.jpg
    snow mobile.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Think Spring.jpg
    Think Spring.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 165

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
"Cool" stuff!
Going to the Frankenmuth festival tomorrow....supposed to be ...extremely cold!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, NGE, we saw some of those on the news tonight, Chuck did his weather forcast from there. It showed one head that
looked like it might have been a horsehead with a very tapered nose, It was a bad angle and not enough showing to tell for sure. They always havean ice sculpture show in Port huron too. Should be coming up pretty soon. Those guys show
somw real skill. Did you see that guy from Japan there carving? I think Chuck said this is his second year there.

A good post, thanks for sharing.

Ray

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Like most women around here, My wife's best buddy is Chuck ::). We were there really early, like about 3:30pm and most carvers were not there yet. It was to dang cold to be hanging around for another 3 hours. So we went home, My wife is from the Plymouth area, she grew up there and we have been to many Ice festivals there, many times. It is gonna be even colder tomorrow, 14 above for a high....YIKES! I think I'll just stay home and hibernate. But, I am flying to Ft. Meyers, Fla. on Tues. Morning and driving a car back with a friend that buys Fla. cars for resale here in Mich.......NGE P.S. What's going on at the frankenmuth Festival?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread