Extreme Makeover...Kinda...

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Having been inspired by nova treasures awesome car rebuildā€¦ :thumbsup:...I thought Iā€™d start a thread on a home remodelā€¦Unfortunately, due to the small size of our crewā€¦this is gonna take a lot longer than 2 weeksā€¦The home has been gutted and will be totally remodeled from the ground up, with a deck being added to the upper levelā€¦If anyone is interested, Iā€™ll update the project as it progressesā€¦If notā€¦well hereā€™s a couple of pictures of the house being raised for a new foundationā€¦ :tard: ;D....thanks for looking

Attachments

• hp1.jpg
    hp1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 289
  • hp2.jpg
    hp2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 278

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Yah!

Looks like fun, Copperhead!

I'm thinking of doing this one...

Attachments

• logrotz.JPG
    logrotz.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 277

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grocery day must suck! ;D

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Have heard the expression of being up in the air but that one really is LOL I see a lot of poles in the background.
Would they be masts of sailboats in a marina? That is what they remind me of.
Yes, Keep us posted of the progress on this place. i would like to see them as I have spent my last 30 some years as a carpenter.

Ray

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Me too, save me a window ;D. What is the age of the original structure?.......NGE

OP
OP
Copperhead

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
[
karenray08 said:
Have heard the expression of being up in the air but that one really is LOL I see a lot of poles in the background.
Would they be masts of sailboats in a marina? That is what they remind me of.
Yes, Keep us posted of the progress on this place. i would like to see them as I have spent my last 30 some years as a carpenter.
Ray

You have my deepest sympathy.. :wink: :D ...Good eye....yes, the rear of the property overlooks a marina..

notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
Me too, save me a window ;D. What is the age of the original structure?.......NGE

The home dates back to about 1940ā€¦Most of the houses in the area started out as summer cottagesā€¦over the years lots of them were updated and became year-roundā€¦
This home was partially remodeled by us about 5 years ago..The owners budget restraints limited the remodel to: new siding, windows with a deck added in the backā€¦the first floor was updated(new kitchen, bath, floors and numerous built-ins)ā€¦the front porch closed in for added living space(if you look close in the picture you can see the original picture window still in place on the "old" exterior wall)ā€¦
Sadly the owner died a few years laterā€¦The new owners liked our work..but the home didnā€™t suit their needs or tasteā€¦Soooooā€¦everything was/will be ripped out and we will begin anewā€¦
The basement is being added to accommodate the updated mechanics and to meet the current flood zone requirementsā€¦Ideally, it would be easier just to tear the thing down and start freshā€¦but doing so opens up another whole can of worms due to laws, regulations and approvals

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great project, please keep us updated.
Great thread Thankyou.

Molly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread