Pocket Watch!!!

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool watch and am curious as to just what the pendant is.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like that watch! CONGRATS!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Neat finds both.
Time to research that pendant, maybe related to King oscar II " Oscar II (21 January 1829 – 8 December 1907), was King of Norway from 1872 until 1905 and King of Sweden from 1872 until his death. The third son of King Oscar I of Sweden and Josephine of Leuchtenberg, he was a descendant of Gustav I of Sweden through his mother."
If you Crack the back of that watch you can likely get track maker and exact manufacter date from the movement and case numbers.
Nice vid and recoveries, I often hunt for days without finding coins, the great relics are more rewarding to me than coins of which there were many more made. Have fun out there :) Herbie

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a wonderful find! Yours even has the face! My pocket watch was pretty much trashed but ya know, it cleaned up well enough to make a nice display in the case. Yours looks like it might even work!

Great finds!

And, just maybe, a string to the handle of your knife will keep it from getting lost. If you hadn't found it, you might not have that watch! ;)

HH!

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool hunt 10:05 love the watch, I have dug lots of frames but not the full watch. Good hunt.... HH

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool watch and am curious as to just what the pendant is.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
Just as soon as I find where the wife is hiding the olive oil I'll clean it up and do a follow up on that pendant. The watch is going in to be looked at on Thursday. I think is a Swiss Breguet. It may be of some value.

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a wonderful find! Yours even has the face! My pocket watch was pretty much trashed but ya know, it cleaned up well enough to make a nice display in the case. Yours looks like it might even work!

Great finds!

And, just maybe, a string to the handle of your knife will keep it from getting lost. If you hadn't found it, you might not have that watch! ;)

HH!
I'm going to try and get the watch ticking again. It's going to be examined on Thursday. Funny, I have always been worried about loosing my pin pointer but never even considered losing the lache (knife).

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice watch!!!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread