Pointers

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm fixing to drop the bomb and buy a Garrett AT Gold ,Garrett 350 (a back up and for the wife to use when she goes with me) The one item I have no idea about are the pointers. There are a lot of options out there and I have read up on just about all of them. I see a lot of the members on the site have the Garrett pro. Just looking for the pros and cons of what you all think. The one thing I like about this site is the VAST experience of the members and there willingness to share the good AND the bad about there equipment. Thanks in advance for any advise.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay brand specific and you'll be fine.
I do have a question; why have you chosen the ATGold over the ATPro?
GL
Peace ✌

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey lookingharder, you can't beat a Garrett Pro Pointer, its among the most popular out there. I have recently tested the Xpointer and found its a great unit as well. If your looking for a simple get you over till you can buy better. Go look at a Harbor freight pointer. Don't get me wrong its cheap, but they do work and any pointer is better than no pointer. Good luck!!

OP
OP
lookingharder

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read all sorts of reviews and the Gold seem to be a little more precise and I want to some prospecting in my travels. I was going with the Pro but several who had both went with the Gold. Ive always owned a White's but the Garrett's reviews and the waterproof was the seller. Just bought a AT Gold and a ACE 350 about and hour ago, along with the Garrett pro pointers.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skip the Garrett Pro Pointer. Go for the Whites TRX, Minelab ProFind, or any of the other good brands.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deteknix pin pointer...can't go wrong.

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont care for my pro pointer at all.It was great for a few weeks then started falsing all the time now have to push on button 6 or 8 times to get it to turn on.I will be replacing it with xpointer when I order stuff again my wifes xpointer has held up nice.The propointer is 6 months old and I will enjoy throwing it in the trash at the end of month.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont care for my pro pointer at all.It was great for a few weeks then started falsing all the time now have to push on button 6 or 8 times to get it to turn on.I will be replacing it with xpointer when I order stuff again my wifes xpointer has held up nice.The propointer is 6 months old and I will enjoy throwing it in the trash at the end of month.

send it back to garrett,warranty or not they have been great with folks.mine 4 yrs old and never a prob.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread