Poison ivy

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must of got into this nasty stuff while detecting this week. I have it on right forearm and on face around eyes. Any ideas on how to get rid of this awful rash:(((

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Upvote 0

Nugget Hog

Jun 25, 2006
Lakeland, Florida
Caladryl clear and lots of it. Keep the rashed covered and they will dry up.
I had it really bad once in Cali. Couldn't figure out why it was getting so bad.. found out the oils were in my sleeping bag. Washed everything in hot water and soap. It finally cleared up but worst itching ever.

Thanks doc I'm going to go look for it

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must of got into this nasty stuff while detecting this week. I have it on right forearm and on face around eyes. Any ideas on how to get rid of this awful rash:(((

Listen man I get this crap every year! Go to Walgreens with $44 and buy a tube of ivy stuff called ZANFEL! I don't know how they do it! If u think u got in it you can wash off the oils with it and never break out!!! If you don't catch it in Time you can scrub twice (2showers) usually and the next morning it's gone!!!! IT'S AMAZING BUDDY

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zanfel is a name I also recognise.........the 2 products mentioned are the way to go and if you are sensitive, it is good to have some at home or with you.
Good luck, God bless, ejd

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good idea keeping some around thanks

gypsybandit

Feb 4, 2011
Tenn
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I now wear throw a way cotton gloves in the spring and summer here in East Tenn.. roots will get ya too. rubbing sweat is so close to your eyes .. it is very painful.. I learned my lesson ... hope you recover soon .. Calamine lotion is the cheapest! (all pink for two weeks) but will dry it up!.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea calamine has been my best friend till today went to pharm and got the good stuff going to keep some on hand from now on it feels pretty good so far going to go out and mow yard for couple hours going to ride clear of high weeds next to barn thanks everyone

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Feel better soon Kodiak. Looks like you've gotten some great advice.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a natural cure my Mom used on me as I was covered head to toe in poison oak as a child if you have manzanita bushes any where close gather a bunch of the leaves and then boil them, let the water cool and then basically wash yourself with that water and it will remove the rash.It does work and you can wash your face as it is natural not chemical.Also have used Calamine lotion.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok time for update poison ivy has dried up almost over nite. Zanfel or however it's spelled works!!! The rash is dried up and no itching doesn't burn almost feel normal again.

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok time for update poison ivy has dried up almost over nite. Zanfel or however it's spelled works!!! The rash is dried up and no itching doesn't burn almost feel normal again.

Told ya buddy glad I could help, remember if u think u get in it wash with it and u will never have to have poison ivy again

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Told ya buddy glad I could help, remember if u think u get in it wash with it and u will never have to have poison ivy again

Thanks it works great and I have some for if I ever get into it again

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GuitarGuy

Apr 20, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being from East Kentucky kids grow up to know what this plant looks like, its everywhere here and I have had it several times. Generally, stay away from any shiny leaf plant. Around here we also have another issue called poison oak which tends to get its name because it grows vines near the base of trees.

I can testify the bleach method works, maybe not real safe in large areas of the body, like I did and around eyes, as I recall at the age of 10 having the poison oak everywhere on my body..it got so bad that I had to take a soaking bath in bleach water..closing my eyes, pinching my nose close with my fingers, plugging my ears with tissue and dunking my head under the bleach water as well. . It was like being bee stung everywhere on your body at once for a few minutes, but a week later it was drying up and gone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread