POLL: Alaska GOLD RUSH - Reality or BULL?

How would you rate the Discovery Channel's GOLD RUSH show?

• Total voters

James/Ouida

Jan 23, 2012
Alaska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I understand it, each individual on the show receives several grand a show, like the people on storage wars, who are now paid TEN grand each weekly show. That's why the Yuuuuuup! guy isn't on anymore, he asked for more than 10K a show, feeling that he deserved more. Personally, I don't care for these gold diggin' shows, as the "reality" is just another word for drama. I call 'em "men's drama shows" at work. And I had a friend of the family in the cast of ax men, and he told me they scripted almost everything and staged fights, and set up "almost" accidents. Some reality show huh?

Useless Eater

Greenie
Mar 12, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think those guys really have a background in excavation and seem like they know how to do that but I also think anybody could google gold mining for 4 hours and everything else being equal do better than those guys. I have watched the show from the start and it is the best thing on in its time slot but I can't help but laugh like Beavis and Butthead everytime that guy with the white beard says "gloryhole" heh heh huh huh

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
I think the most 'made up' show has to be American Digger.. How many people here search a abandoned factory yard and make thousands of dollars.. Sure you can get lucky, but not THAT lucky! If pulltabs and bottle caps were worth anything, there would be a lot more millionaires on this web site..

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the most 'made up' show has to be American Digger.. How many people here search a abandoned factory yard and make thousands of dollars.. Sure you can get lucky, but not THAT lucky! If pulltabs and bottle caps were worth anything, there would be a lot more millionaires on this web site..

So true.
I've hunted all sorts of very old high traffic sites and have yet to find a coin/ring "glory hole." I've dug a few very nice finds from some but never anything like some claim.
But I could see a factory site yielding very nice finds if it were built over a Civil War battlefield or long lost settlement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread