Poll: Bank cooldown time/ wearing out welcome

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, everyone this is the first time I post a poll on Tnet.

I have been wondering on, how frequently to visit one branch, because I've noticed a bit of negative tone, after going to the same branch for 8 times a month and buying coinage. What do you think about the issue of wearing out the welcome?

What do you think is the appropriate frequency of visiting one branch for CRH?

1)Every day
2)Twice a week
3)Once a week
4)Once every two weeks
5)Other, post in comments

P.S if poll doesn't work you either can:
1)help me to make it real
2)just answer in comments with a number
I'm not in a hurry, so eventually will figure out, but at that point of time I will forget what I was to ask.

Edited: I got it, just worried when clicked the submit post button, but everything is ok now, so guys you can vote.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Once a week seems fine. I usually try to chat it up with the tellers and establish a relationship. Collectors in general have a negative stigma in society. It's usually one or two bad seeds that ruin hobbies like these for all. I'm sure you know what I mean...the overly rude, hurried and pushy collector that thinks its a race to whatever he/she is collecting. I can't tell you how many times I've walked into a Toysrus looking for a present and seeing a Hot Wheels collector harassing an employee. A little off topic, but because of these people, all collectors suffer. I don't see a problem visiting a branch once a week asking for coin as long as you're not being rude about it. Given the daily tasks of a teller, exchanging coin is probably one of the more simply responsibilities one would have. A nice smile goes a long way.

OP
OP
Canadian hunter

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Good point, I always treat tellers and other bank employees with respect and patience. If they have an insufficient amount of coin or they don't want to sell them to me (business customers priority) I'm completely fine with that. Once in a branch I asked for a box of nickels. They said they can only give 40$ worth, but then the teller asks if I want to buy some pennies instead. I said "Sure, I will buy whatever you have on spare". CRH is not a racing cars game, people who are trying to push or speed up the process are only making others nervous and prejudicial about all other collectors behaving the same way.
A barrel of honey with a spoon of tar.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say once a week is a good frequency but it all depends on the relationship you have with your bank. Always try to accommodate your bank because they're the hand that feeds. Especially keep that in mind when you have only a few banks in town.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There isn't an answer to this question that will be correct for every bank and every situation. For example, most tellers (in my experience) hate having half dollars in their tills. Many would welcome you taking them off their hands as soon as they get them in, therefore in this situation you couldn't "wear out your welcome" if you tried. On the other hand, if you're dropping in daily to buy rolls/boxes of coins that are commonly circulated, you just might wear out that welcome for many reasons. My suggestion is that in this situation you either pick up more boxes at a time and don't drop in on any one bank nearly as often...for example instead of picking up a box every day, order 5 boxes once a week. Or if your bankroll won't allow that, then scatter your pickups over different banks. For example on Mondays you pick up a box at Bank "A", Tuesdays - Bank "B" and so on. But again, different banks and even different tellers can and will behave differently. One bank might be just fine with you dropping in daily or even multiple times daily to buy coin. Others may balk at you coming in once a week. You'll just have to go on a "bank-by-bank" basis to find out the best way to go for your particular banks.

So to sum it up, if you're looking for CWR halves, it likely won't matter how often you drop in. If you're searching other denominations, you might consider alternative ways to do the volume that you want to do without hitting the same bank day after day after day.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I chose once a week because I have my weekly routine established, and the tellers show no signs of "hatred" when I dump on them twice a week sometimes.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one time a week is fine for most banks.. Every bank is different, what ever works??

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
For dump banks I'll go once a week for two weeks, and then wait a week or a week and a half. My pickup banks are every week though, they don't care. I actually brought my main pickup bank donuts yesterday for the first time. We'll see how that plays out when I go in next week to pick up.

tanz 82

Mar 16, 2012
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do once a week to my pick up banks and tell them im collecting to make books for my daughter and i so they think how cute and ask on my progress

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions