Poll // Where do you place your valuable finds???

Where do you place your finds???

• in the ground (cached)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • in a safe deposit box

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where do you place your valuable finds??? Where do you think is the best place to put your valuables? Any opinions?
My answer - in a safe deposit box. I now know 5 people who have been cleaned out of their collection. It is a very sickening feeling.
But think about it - are your best finds safe from theft?
How about water damage and fire damage?
Give us your thoughts or experience with this subject.

or at the very least - think about it. You guys who like post pictures of your guns - they don't do much good when you are out metal detecting or away.
Many robberies happen in broad daylight today while everyone is out working. Don't think it's a after dark only event. We're long past the
time that this used to be true.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I keep mine in my bra. No wait I don't wear them. :-)

Actually I have two fireproof boxes that all my zinc and clad go in. Got them as wedding gifts. I feel sorry for any fool that would come here and rob me since I don't have anything worth taking.

Do have a safe deposit at the bank that I haven't been too in 5 years. They just called today to remind me I had it.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
I bury mine out in the peach grove, third
tree from the corner fence post off the
main road.

Don't tell anyone.

have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
I bury mine out in the peach grove, third
tree from the corner fence post off the
main road.

No sir; you moved it last year.
Don't you remember ??? :o :P
You've rented me the peach tree.
sheeeeeeeeeesh!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
The deposit box is the best plan for really valuable stuff.

Most of us want to enjoy our treasures so we keep them at home. Telling others is dangerous but it's going to happen anyway.

Get your valuable finds insured and try not to publicize them too much if they're not protected.

I'm having steel display cases with very thick plexiglas made for my rare and ancient relics. These will be bolted to the walls with burglar alarm systems connected.

I keep my finds in our office, not at home. If someone attempted to rob us, nobody at the office could open the cases due to the fact they're welded and sealed. One couldn't break the plexiglas because it will be too thick and set up against a solid background. One would have to tear a wall down in order to remove a case.

By the time some thief got a display case off the wall there would be about 20 cops at the location.

Steel angle iron frame (with steel backing), thick Plexiglas, paint and bolts, can make a mighty safe display case for valuable relics.

Badger

deepbeep

Jun 11, 2009
Bolivar, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
I suppose if I ever find anything really crazy valuable, it would be in safe or deposit box. But as for Mercs and thing like that.....I think they need displayed. I am in the process right now of building a display case that is pretty much burgler proof. Part of the structure so to speak.

It would take more effort to get at it than what will be in it is worth. I hate to hide my finds, they were too much work to get.

Like I said, if my collection included a bunch of 1916d Mercs, or something like that.......it would be a different story.

Tim

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
In one of the many rooms in a house located on a street in a city of which is located in one of the 50 states.

I would have done that peach tree, but when I went to dig my hole to bury my stuff, I saw that someone was already using that hole, so I had to cover it back up (sorry Mr. Shermanville...and I hope that the curse you left on the note really won't come true!) ;D

Now seriously, if I had anything of real value, do you really think I would post it on here? ::) :laughing7:

Besides, my best treasures are ages 24, 14, and 12! :headbang: :hello2: (and God Help the fool that even tried to take them away from me!) >:(

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The gold get's thrown in a 3lb plastic bucket the silver goes in 5gal bucket. The good stuff is stolen as soon as I show her!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread