🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489409091.378026.jpg
I've begun to rate cellar hole sites by the shoe remnants I find. Previous hunt sites with loads of silver coins had remnants of fancy shoes, high heels, etc. The repair work on this old sole helps with the visualization of the lives within this long forgotten coal mining neighborhood.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489409321.290465.jpg
All of the stone foundations, wells and cellar holes are hidden in the woods adjacent to a 1814 cemetery. The weather finally broke 30 degrees, but still plenty of ice chunks/crystals in the mud that often give false iron signals in an area that already has plenty of iron, but there were plenty of clean signals to be found. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489409682.205456.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489409699.066957.jpg
Lots of period trash not included in the pics, and not a single coin, darn! The "Member" medallion is the only keeper. The bottle is marked Absorbine with is horse medicine and the spoon is marked "Cavalier silver plated".

Good luck out there!

Upvote 3

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neat finds!

I wonder what he/she was a member of?

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The piece with the amber or yellow cut glass above the Member piece has posts on the back where a pin fixture once was. I found both of these within 2' of each other. Neither has any stamping on the back. I believe the top piece pinned to a uniform and the member piece dangled down from it, then there is a another chain where something else once hung. Sort of a military type badge system where additional medals are hung when achieved. I would love to know the history of this as well. The neighborhood disappeared into the woods in the 1930's after the adjacent mining/steel factory shut down.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You might try searching for foundations and cellar holes higher up on the hills where those fancy shoe and high heeled folks lived where they could look over top of the common shoe and low heeled folks that lived down in the lower areas near the cemetery.:tongue3::thumbsup: Just saying and congrats on some decent finds!

Frank

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THE SHOE HAS A MOCK TOE AND THE ONE PIECE MAYBE PEWTER BELONGING TO A WHISTLE. THERE FOR A MOMENT I DRIFTED OFF SAYING TO MYSELF OVER AND OVER POOR SOLE AND IT DAWNED ON ME THATS WHAT I CALLED MY OLE GIRL FRIEND AND SHE REPLIED YOUR NOTHING BUT A HEEL, NICE FINDS.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting hunt
Keep em coming