🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Possible Artifact?

SRader

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2024
I found this object near a small creek on my property, which is in an area where it’s not uncommon to find artifacts. It’s made of stone, rectangular, wedge shaped, flat on the bottom and approximately 4”x5” in size. I have only limited knowledge of such things, and I’d appreciate any suggestions or opinions as to whether it’s anything other than a rock.
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0436.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpeg
    IMG_0437.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Intriguing piece. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 1

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, natural rock formed by erosion. Just FYI, when asking questions about possible Indian artifacts it is imperative you include pictures of all sides.

Upvote 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess maybe it is. Just seemed like an unusual shape for something naturally occurring. And it’s very different from any other rocks I’ve found around here.
Thanks for your help.
You should have seen some of the rocks I found in Missouri waterways. I found a petrified tree log that is about 30 inches long, weighs over 300+ pounds, I found it in the middle of a tiny creek. I had to roll it up a hill to my truck 50 yards away, then I hid it in weeds and went and got a friend to help me get it in my truck, it was well over 300 lbs. That was over 30 years ago and it sits at base of my flag pole 1,300 miles from where I found it.

Upvote 4

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess maybe it is. Just seemed like an unusual shape for something naturally occurring. And it’s very different from any other rocks I’ve found around here.
Thanks for your help.
It is an unusual shape... But sir I've found rectangular mud mounds DEEP IN A CAVE and have been told it's "natural"... But yours I can totally be wrong. I think that anybody that thinks what I found is "natural" is 100% wrong.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SRader

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2024
You should have seen some of the rocks I found in Missouri waterways. I found a petrified tree log that is about 30 inches long, weighs over 300+ pounds, I found it in the middle of a tiny creek. I had to roll it up a hill to my truck 50 yards away, then I hid it in weeds and went and got a friend to help me get it in my truck, it was well over 300 lbs. That was over 30 years ago and it sits at base of my flag pole 1,300 miles from where I found it.
Holy cow! I can’t imagine moving something like that! But then I’m a 68 year old grandma with bad knees 🤣

Upvote 1
OP
OP
S

SRader

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2024
It is an unusual shape... But sir I've found rectangular mud mounds DEEP IN A CAVE and have been told it's "natural"... But yours I can totally be wrong. I think that anybody that thinks what I found is "natural" is 100% wrong.
Yeah, I can’t imagine a rectangular mound of mud occurring naturally!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread