Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its been a slow few weeks for me... not hunting much then when I do the finds have been limited.... aside from a pewter button the other day most of my finds have been modern like Indians (an 1895 this past Monday evening)... :wink: Been really hoping for a few largies - BedfordBob and DeArmittPA have a big lead in the copper count for the year that my son and I will probably not catch.... :tongue3:

Went out today to a site that produced a NJ, a probable KGII (too worn to tell for sure), plus a few buttons this spring... it was the site of a British encampment about 1750ish then was a tavern from 1790 thru the late 1800s.

Since this site was heavily hunted in the past, I decided to try the WOT coil on the Etrac... unfortunately it did not help much today... :( All of the deep stuff was junk. >:(

But I did find this coin about 75 feet from where the last two were found... only 4" deep and it rang in very low for a LC - thinking perhaps its counterfeit? :dontknow: The reading was 12-15 on the Etrac if you are familiar with its readout. That's a real low conductive number for a copper... and yes, its copper - I nicked the edge :'( very slightly... it is thin so it bends somewhat easily. ??? To me, it looks like the design of a rider on a horse??? the other side has one spot where I can see a line or edge of something, but that is all. Just the way it feels, I'm afraid to peroxide this one... so this is as good as it gets. :-\ So far, I've not been able to ID it but I'm guessing its pre 1793... :help: :read2:

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• cropped with detail.jpg
    cropped with detail.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 473
  • rear cropped.jpg
    rear cropped.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 477
Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya Mach 1. It sure can be tough sometimes. I've seen your posts though, you almost always do well anytime out. Hang in there :thumbsup:

BTW, aren't all of the encampment sites and such in PA marked as historical sites like they are here in NJ? If not, wow is that cool :headbang: Most of the time, anything having even one iota to do with the war and they mark it off as "historical" - which means no hunting. Heck, if George Washington stopped at a hot dog stand for a weiner, they'd even mark THAT off as a historical place :laughing7:

So, we normally have to try and get in a hunt in the perimeter or the vicinity of many of these places.

What history up there mach. Keep up the super finds :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
COUNTERFEIT KING GOERGE
Any ideas as to the date range? :)

njnydigger said:
I hear ya Mach 1. It sure can be tough sometimes. I've seen your posts though, you almost always do well anytime out. Hang in there :thumbsup:

BTW, aren't all of the encampment sites and such in PA marked as historical sites like they are here in NJ? If not, wow is that cool :headbang: Most of the time, anything having even one iota to do with the war and they mark it off as "historical" - which means no hunting. Heck, if George Washington stopped at a hot dog stand for a weiner, they'd even mark THAT off as a historical place :laughing7:

So, we normally have to try and get in a hunt in the perimeter or the vicinity of many of these places.

What history up there mach. Keep up the super finds :thumbsup:

No, not every historical area is off limits.... a lot of public property is protected, but this site is private property; the owner can allow anything he/she wants to happen on it. ;D

In most of PA, if historical areas were off limits the entire state would have a detecting ban.... ::)

Thanks for the kind words. :)

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
damn :'( wish i could help ya but i have no clue.sad when they come out like that.i had my share of em

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
My guess It's an American Plantation token. Authorized, by the British Royal Patient

Attachments

• am_plantation_token_restrike_obv.jpg
    am_plantation_token_restrike_obv.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 278

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creeper71 said:
COUNTERFEIT KING GOERGE

most likely, date range same as the actual regal issue, take KGII as the average.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread