Colonial hunts with The Patriot - Rev War and Spanish!

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a couple hunts over the past two days with the Patriot, and it worked out pretty well for us. I managed my second 2nd American button and my third spanish of the year, a 2 reale of Philip V. Also got a pair of handmade cufflinks similiar to the one I got earlier this year. Not bad for a couple days!
008-2.jpg

012.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a rare button (but starting to lose it's bite - unless you find a minty one), and to dig a Spanish too. :headbang: The cufflink is cool as well. :thumbsup:

Gotta enjoy sites like that because they sure don't happen all the time!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's a Beautiful Button! Congrats on that and the Phillip the V Reale! :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a neat set of cufflinks... and to find a complete bell is cool too! :hello2:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love seeing other Canadians hauling in the Colonial goods. It just goes to show that Iron Patch is still a boy in the game of Colonial detecting. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Great digs, man!

Kirk

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure made out like a bandit today.... you were lucky I made a good find too or that spanish would've been taxi money :laughing9: love the 2nd american Rev war button too, I'll clean it better for you...
I'm quite sure that field and the other one I talked about has some more goodies in them...

again great finds and well deserved... but 3 spanish this year, come on :notworthy:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs, Killer button. Not to menchin the 2 reale. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
That's a rare button (but starting to lose it's bite - unless you find a minty one), and to dig a Spanish too. :headbang: The cufflink is cool as well. :thumbsup:

Gotta enjoy sites like that because they sure don't happen all the time!
Yup, it was a good day, gotta thank Patriot for an awesome site! I've been having a great year in my books!

The Patriot said:
You sure made out like a bandit today.... you were lucky I made a good find too or that spanish would've been taxi money :laughing9: love the 2nd american Rev war button too, I'll clean it better for you...
I'm quite sure that field and the other one I talked about has some more goodies in them...

again great finds and well deserved... but 3 spanish this year, come on :notworthy:
Thanks! Haha, I was really hoping you'd pull a couple more keepers as well, it's a long walk home! :wink: Hopefully once I have some wheels I can line us up a few nice sites as well. The spanish seem to like me, I guess I walk in the luckiest random circles some days.

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the finds!

Any day that turns up a rev war button and spanish silver is a GREAT day!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
some sweet colonial relics there! congrats on the reale too!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you are cleaning up!!! I can't believe we walked over all those finds last spring!

goldcoastwayne

Apr 22, 2010
Coral Springs, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett SeaHunter XL500 (PI)
If it is possible to post a better picture of the obverse of your colonial reale, the cob meisters can possibly identify it. I can tell you the following from what I can see...the coin was minted during the reign of Felipe V, 1700 - 1724 (first period) or Felipe V, 1724 - 1746 (second period).

goldcoastwayne

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Man, you are cleaning up!!! I can't believe we walked over all those finds last spring!

Yup, it just goes to show what can be missed!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking finds Hunthicks :icon_thumright:
Love the crotal bell and the silver :notworthy:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep on showing this wanna-be Iron Patch dude how to swing and dig. Instead of swinging in the fields , he would rather flex for his mirror. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Kirk

Attachments

• Fat_Boy_Patch_arm.jpg
    Fat_Boy_Patch_arm.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 251

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions