Possible miners moss material?

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received these at work the other day, we are to use it while working on the roofs per our plans while installing solar panels but I think when we are done with it it will be coming home with me! It's called yellow spaghetti mats and comes in a 36"x25' roll. It's about 1/2" thick but un backed. Real tough stuff.

I may end up with lots of it to spare if it's ok to take when were done so if anyone needs some I'll let you all know when it's available.

image-174298756.jpg

image-53722030.jpg

Upvote 0

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting looking stuff. Gold might be tough to see but it looks like it'll catch the gold.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is called spaghetti mat. It is what we use on foam roofs. We either set it in the wet coating, or caulk it into place. It is not the same as miner's moss. Miner's moss is more open and "airy"? That mat is more of a closed cell product. Will it work? Sure. Will it work as well as miner's moss. No. Up to you, but at least you have a roofer/gold miners perspective now.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I re-read your post. I guess you already know what it is called. I have that stuff in the shop all the time. And, it will stay there. Hope that helps you out.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That stuff is a pain. It works great as a truck floor mat though! And its good for getting mud off your boots too. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Bnugget

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'll give it a try anyways when it comes available just for fun.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received these at work the other day, we are to use it while working on the roofs per our plans while installing solar panels but I think when we are done with it it will be coming home with me! It's called yellow spaghetti mats and comes in a 36"x25' roll. It's about 1/2" thick but un backed. Real tough stuff.

I may end up with lots of it to spare if it's ok to take when were done so if anyone needs some I'll let you all know when it's available.

View attachment 964552

View attachment 964553

Off-topic Brandon, but whats your take on solar installations for small business and residences ? Is it eventually becoming commonplace as an answer to energy conservation, or...? Heck, if they had affordable, practicable solar-power for a dredge, I'd be 1st in line.

OP
OP
Bnugget

Bnugget

Oct 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off-topic Brandon, but whats your take on solar installations for small business and residences ? Is it eventually becoming commonplace as an answer to energy conservation, or...? Heck, if they had affordable, practicable solar-power for a dredge, I'd be 1st in line.
Everyone situation is different, but if you your using a lot of power(KWH) per month and your constantly paying third and fourth tier for PG&E or whoever your provider is then solar makes sense. You want to size your system to possibly get rid of your third and fourth tier to make it worthwhile and your payback quicker.
One thing you do not want to do is sign a lease agreement for PPA or power purchase agreement those deals are designed to make money for the person who owns the panels.
I currently have solar installed on my house, I pulled a loan to pay for it and the loan payments are still less than I would have been paying PG&E and in 4 to 5 years those payments will be gone and I will be free and clear. It's definitely a long term investment. I also installed the solar on my house myself saving me thousands compared to the quotes I received from contractors. Also there currently is a 30% tax rebate that you can receive on all your out-of-pocket costs for the system until 2016 which will bring the cost of your system down considerably.
I'm currently installing solar panels for 14 schools in the Oakland unified school District with 300 to 800 panels per site. So I should be real good at installing them by the time were done, lol!
Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try and answer them there are a lot of different systems out there that you should be aware of.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread