Indiana_Brandon

Feb 23, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
DD Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the property that is 2 doors down from my little sisters house that I have been eyeballing for a few now.. I am just beginning the research faze of this possible location but i wanted to share and see what the general consensus is.. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1498745357.002513.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1498745386.505271.jpg

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good to me. Early to mid 1800s. Back porch is missing(good spot to check for dropped coins/jewelry). Do you know if it has been hunted before?

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good, nice short grass - not an overgrown mess to swing your coil thru.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I would of said 1920's to 1930's

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, I see trees, probably sidewalk in front and bet there was a clothesline out back somewhere. Looks like maybe look for something with older pics that might help locate where the people living there would have spent time, kids played, climbed trees, sat in shade,hung clothes, etc. Looks promising. Posted or up for sale? yard is fairly clean for swinging. House next door looks close, they own it or know any history? Good Luck in whatever you do.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting. Parts of the house looks in need of major structural repair. My $$$ is on an old Woman owns it. One who is probably anal about the shape of her yard. If my Mom or Grandmother had owned this property, the only way you'd get permission was if she had a family treasure lost in the yard.

I'd love to know if your sister's property was once part of this land.

But, yes, it's worth a shot to get permission.

OP
OP
Indiana_Brandon

Indiana_Brandon

Feb 23, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
DD Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went to check it out today I seen no previous plugs or sign of digging so step 2 gain permission along with some research of the property!!

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this property located in Vincennes, Indiana?

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Locate the owner. Get permission. The recoveries will reveal the history of the property. Just dig it man.:headbang:

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vincennes is rich in history. I have seen alot of cool stuff come from the ground there. Got some friends that own some ground just south of the George Rodgers Clark memorial (old fort Sackville). Anyway I have been trying to get them to let me hunt there,but they keep saying some day soon.

chopperdog

May 18, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO / Minelab X-Terra 705 /Minelab 505 / XP Deus / Makro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely a mid to late 1800's structure, (can tell by the brick that has been plastered over)---- If foundation is brick, it was built before about 1915. ----Probably a true "brick house" without 2x4's in the walls. ---- I am in Indy, if you need hunting buddy, let me know, Thanks, Dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread