Possible Sign?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
When you go back try to get a picture of the whole rock and the surrounding ones.
And be sure to note if there are any notches or other directional marks on this one especially.

tesoro dog

May 31, 2007
Is that a very small owl in the upper left hand corner of the boulder?? Looks like it might be a groove, cut to resemble an owl! Yes, better pics! TD

Clay Lindsey

Jan 8, 2010
Sierra Vista, AZ
Jimmygoat,

Transfer the holes to something you can take home, i.e. a cotton sheet. The smaller holes appear to be referencing the layout of something with the larger hole denoting the final direction and/or location. Use OD's advise and scour the immediate area for other S/S. This has a familiar "feel" to it...

Clay

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, jg:
That big egg-shaped boulder in the first and second pics, has a bell chisled into the left end. Your dog seems to be looking at it in the second photo. LOL You can see it a little clearer in the 3rd pic.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's that bell. It MIGHT mirror that dugout figure on top of the stone in those other pics.(#4 and 5)

boulders 082.JPG

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Wet the rocks down,you might be able to see something that you couldnt otherwise see :wink:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hi jimmy,
If this is artificial..there is a chance that shadow was made on purpose too.

It reminds me of Quetzlacoatl...well more so of the two headed snake he some times is depicted as holding on one hand. What that two head snake represents I've not been able to find out - perhaps some earlier god..

Feathered serpent head on one end and some other animal head on the other end. I've not seen too many of them out in the field..but it does seem a very close match to the two I have seen out in the field, and one I saw in another post here on Tnet.

The ones I saw were heavily integrated in the midst of Spanish stuff, so hmmm...could be done by the Spanish or perhaps some native stonecarvers "allies" they brought along with them.

Attachments

• boulders 082quetz.jpg
    boulders 082quetz.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 310

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread